Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus new album discussion.

I'm not sure if anyone has noted this yet, but apparently Morbid Angel plans to incorporate dubstep shit into their next album.. Check this interview out http://www.metal-temple.com/site/ne...-angel-guitarist.htm?filter=1,8,9,10,personal

MA is gonna suck.
"We don't check into the scene to see what scene people accept or don't accept."

"dubstep"

"We don't check into the scene..."

"dubstep"

What is this, I don't even...

Can't wait to hear the Morbid Angel/Skrillex collab. :puke:

There's already a metal/dubstep project out there anyways. Listen to My Demons by Distance and also the next album Repercussions if you are interested. The metal influence is there but subtle save on a few tracks that are focused on distorted guitar riffing.

Morbid Angel have been in that category for a long time - at least now they've done something a little (okay a lot) different. It's better than another boring Heretic (or Christ Illusion/World Painted Blood etc)

Morbid Angel always change up their sound in a way that makes every album unique. that's what was so great about them. they would change up their sound but still make awesome death metal. they went too far this time around and their experimentation was a complete failure.

and No, it's not better than "another boring Heretic". i'd rather listen to Heretic every day for the rest of my life than to have to listen to this piece of shit one more fucking time.

I love the wave of people that always appear after a shitty album is released. They somewhat feel necessary to defend it when everybody else says it‘s just bad and agree on it. They wouldn‘t normally even care to listen to it twice but given it‘s horrible reputation they somehow feel the need to.

EDIT: Also, it‘s usually the same people.

I love how some of you guys can remember people/threads from years ago well enough to make posts like this.
I have no fucking idea who anyone on here is, what they like, what they posted five years ago. It's great that people like you have nothing better to think about than shit like this so you know who liked a shit album four years ago. You fucking ROCK hard man that's quite the memory for nonsense you have.

I love how some of you guys can remember people/threads from years ago well enough to make posts like this.
I have no fucking idea who anyone on here is, what they like, what they posted five years ago. It's great that people like you have nothing better to think about than shit like this so you know who liked a shit album four years ago. You fucking ROCK hard man that's quite the memory for nonsense you have.

I was always very good at remembering useless bullshit. Lately I‘m trying to aim my hunger for information at more important things by studying. I feel happier and happier doing so, so maybe it works.

Anyways, I didn‘t have specific people in mind by the time I wrote that post, so it doesn‘t really matter and it shouldn‘t bother you.

Hehehe, it didn't bother me cos I didn't think you were talking about me (i don't remeber defending any other new shit albums), it does just surprise me at times how people remember stuff like that. ;)

Dubstep can be good. I seem to be one of the few non-morons who likes my dubstep with DUB the way it should be, not the absurd and obnoxious WAP WAP WAP WAP shit that's all over the scene currently...and seeing as how Morbid Angel appear to have gotten techno and industrial totally wrong on their new album I can't see them getting dubstep right on the next one

I don't know what dubstep is but I assume it's some gay dance/techno shit.

EDIT - looked it up on Youtube, what a load of bollocks. I don't understand how anyone can say they like that kind of music then say the new Morbid Angel album sucks. Trey could record himself buggering David Vincent and it would sound better than "dubstep".

According to Trey, the next album will feature electronica and dubstep... have fun with that one. haha

And here is their preview...

Dubstep is gay, but the people that listen to it are even more so. There's nothing worse than the "Do acid, go to a club, listen to shitty music, and watch a shitty light show" group of people. Consequently, I would assume that Morbid Angel will be integrating light shows as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dubstep is gay, but the people that listen to it are even more so.

I like dubstep and I'm not gay in the slightest. People who youtube one or two dubstep songs (mind you, a Korn+Skrillex collaboration at that) and then dismiss the entire genre as gay need to reconsider their evaluation techniques.