Morbid Angel Live?

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
Anyone seen them live in the past couple years since David took his throne back? I was just listening to Immortal Rights, then Where The Slime Live and remembered how fucking badass he is.

Tucker was great, but Vincent has always been the real voice of MA. His voice on Domination was also much improved over Altars.

(done being a stupid poster putting random opinions up.... for another minute or two)

Dude... I saw them in 2005, and they were fucking AMAZING. I saw them in 2001 with Slayer/Pantera, and again in 2003... neither of those performances had anything on the time I saw them with David Vincent.

weren't there 2 shows of it at the pound? i don't remember which one i went to but i vaguely remember there being 2 shows of it and i remember wanting to go to both but not being able to. my memory is pretty horrid though.

I missed that show, and I've cursed every day since.

Morbid Angel.
The Pound.
On 4/20.

Fuck!

Yeah! With Behemoth, it was totally sick.

They only played stuff off the first four albums. I have the setlist, and they were supposed to play God of Emptiness in their encore but had to cut it because the show started late. I was pissed. :mad:

They were great, yes. Seeing them again this summer, can't wait.

The first four MA albums are pretty much the only death metal anyone needs to own if you really narrow it down.

Formulas was actually the first death metal album I ever heard, and the first one I ever bought. It still holds a special place in my collection. Tucker's vocals are pretty brutal on it, but Vincent's vocals (especially on Domination) sound like they're right out of hell. Gateways was disappointing to me, but Heretic was a nice return... especially Pete's drumcheck at the end :).

I can't wait to see them play with the old lineup.

Domination is a perfect example of how to experiment within the confines of death metal with more modern sounds and riffs and not end up faggots like cryptopsy.

Seen em both with Tucker and with Vincent. Dave Vincent had on this skin tight rubber shirt...I didn't even recognize him walking around the venue and I thought, "Who is this douche?". Concert was really good though.

Formulas was actually the first death metal album I ever heard, and the first one I ever bought. It still holds a special place in my collection. Tucker's vocals are pretty brutal on it, but Vincent's vocals (especially on Domination) sound like they're right out of hell. Gateways was disappointing to me, but Heretic was a nice return... especially Pete's drumcheck at the end :).

I can't wait to see them play with the old lineup.

"let me hear your kick drum, pete"