"Mordet I Grottan" is on Damnation...and in English

Wow, that's amazing news.

But I happen to like the swedish lyrics very much, and I think they should leave it swedish in stead of making it english.

Ah well, ít's a kickass song anyway

I really like the song, and seeing as there's no mention of "Mordet..." on the Damnation tracklisting that was announced, I'm definitely thinking that they'll be taking parts of it and using it on the other songs. I can live with that.

I posted the lyrics in BOTH english and swedish a month ago or something!

anyway, english(grammar correction may be needed):

A summer once ago
The warmth sweeps through
We smile, laughing
But a strange calmness take place
Somewhere in the forest
The cave where we played as kids
A harmed body, in eternal sleep
Robbed the dawn of life

Who murdered him
Who took his life
Nobody knows, yet today

Throw the darkness over our "perfect place"(don't know th word)
Light that shines
Takes us to better days
His soul wanders further
We slowly go back
The trail leads us home
The day is soon to end
We try to forget
The murder in the cave

Who murdered him
Who took his life
Nobody knows, yet today

Who murdered him
Who took his life
Nobody knows, yet today

Swedish:

En sommar en gång
värmen sveper igenom
vi ler skrattande
men ett lömskt lugn infinner sig
någonstans i skogen
grottan där vi lekte som barn
en sargad kropp i evig sömn
berövad livets gryning

Vem var det som mördade honom
Vem var det som tog hans liv
ingen vet, ens idag

kastar mörker över vår idyll
Ett ljus som lyser ömt
ta oss mot bättre dagar
hans själ vandrar vidare
vi går sakta tillbaka
stigen leder oss hem
dagen har lidit mot sitt slut
vi försöker glömma
mordet i grottan

Vem var det som mördade honom
Vem var det som tog hans liv
ingen vet, ens idag

Jester00-
...a man was offering 10000 bucks for someone to kill him. musta been kinda depressed. the poor guy ended up getting smashed over the head with rocks. well thats was i remember.

REALLY. :err: How messed up is that. Where'd you hear this?

Thanks for the lyric transcription! That is mucho appreciated. I didn't know what that song was about all this time. You made my day, Staffan. :) As for weather or not it's going to be on Damnation, maybe Dan was just saying "...you get Damnation instead" in other words. Or just pieces as mentioned a couple times already. Like some of those old bootlegs you hear every now and then with parts from BRI on it. Either way, the mistery will end in March.

A few things:

1.) Someone said, that never knew Dan could drum so well? Go listen to Bloodbath... Dan plays the drums quite well. In fact, I actually worry about Martin's drumming on Damnation... He's great and all... however, he does have a heavy touch... If it's 70's type stuff they are going to be playing, I'd prefer to hear someone else (like Dan or Anders)...
2.) I'm not that impressed with the recording quality on Deliverance... it's neither 70's sounding like Morningrise and Orchid or newer pristine type production like (Still Life and BWP)...
It tries to be the later, but somehow fails in my opinion.
I guess some of that can be contributed to all the technical and studio problems they had originally during the recording of it (Deliverance)... Hopefully, Damnation will go off without a hitch.
3.) There used to be another song or two from Skorsgogen on Opeth's old web page (the first one that they had)... I seem to remember the song(s) being simpler than this one... no drums I don't think...

Monsterxman-
3.) There used to be another song or two from Skorsgogen on Opeth's old web page (the first one that they had)... I seem to remember the song(s) being simpler than this one... no drums I don't think.

I'm glad someone said it. I didn't think I imagined it. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?

Ok, I'm glad someone mentioned the other two Sorskogen songs. I remember seeing them on Audiogalaxy when it was still around, but I didn't want to sound stupid...so apparently the other two ARE out there somewhere?

Thank you for the link. That song is fucking excellent! I think they should leave it just as it is. Either way I don't think it will be changed to drastically other than language usage. In my opinion it should stay in Swedish.
Thanks also for the lyrics and translation.