More live mixing-please help!

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
Hey guys, i've tried the search function but didnt really find all the info im looking for.
In about a months time i might have the opportunity to get my live mixing career going- as a band, of which i speak to a member of sometimes, will be looking for a permanent engineer. Now the thing is, my experinece in the live scene thus far has just been "helping out" engineers who, seriouslly, didnt need it. So while im quite doubtfull of actually getting the gig, i would like to have a really good crack at it and do the absolute best i can, and learn as much as i can.
The only thing that i dont have too much of a headache over are the drums. What i am worried about is the fact that the band have 2 lead/ rythm guitarists, a clean/ power metal vocalist, and a keyboardist.
So, after all that, my question is: what frequency bands should i be allocating to each of those instruments so that they're not clouding up the mix or getting in the way of each other.
Also, i feel quite confident about getting the bass sounding decent, but any advice you can offer could only help me improve.

Thanks a hell of alot in advance.

Daniel

About the key/guitar prob:
Nice question. What kind of sounds is using the keyboardist? There is a huge difference between harpsichord and flutish sounds for example ;)
BTW: Elements Part 2 (Stratovarius) has many keys/guitars, so you can learn many things from there!

Good luck!

not too sure what the keys are playing, i havent seen the band for a while, and last time i saw them (the first) i could barely hear the keys.
Thanks for reminding me about Stratovarius, i forgot about them.