More Metalcore at Wacken

I'd label Lamb of God as a progressive metal band. Metalcore is too poppy.

it's not metalcore, but it has nothing to do with progressive metal, too.

How so? Lamb of God is a definition of progressive metal. They have a powerful guitar tone that drives the music, along with the odd time signatures and complex instrumentals of Chris Adler's drumming. I think Lamb of God and Dreamtheater have alot in common with the way the songs are composed too.

I despise metalcore and nu-metal. Because of the way it taints minds into thinking metal is something its not. All these kids like "eurgh I love death metal like Killswicth!"

Why do you fucking care what other people listen to? And why do you let it affect you? Whatarya, Gay?

How so? Lamb of God is a definition of progressive metal. They have a powerful guitar tone that drives the music, along with the odd time signatures and complex instrumentals of Chris Adler's drumming. I think Lamb of God and Dreamtheater have alot in common with the way the songs are composed too.

Prog Metal = a whole completely different thing then lamb of god.
Progressive Death Metal wouldn't even be the word.

I'd say American Thrash is the closest you can get to defining them. They have that whole Redneck/American sound, they have Hardcore elements, they have metal elements, but they are not metalcore. They are not melodic or progressive either.

Prog Metal = a whole completely different thing then lamb of god.
Progressive Death Metal wouldn't even be the word.

I'd say American Thrash is the closest you can get to defining them. They have that whole Redneck/American sound, they have Hardcore elements, they have metal elements, but they are not metalcore. They are not melodic or progressive either.

+10, but I always describe them with "southern thrash" to underline the redneck-style :p