More old guy music..

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
i released this one a few days ago. anybody feel like giving it a remix? i'd be interested in hearing what you guys come up with. i think there's a fair amount of opportunity for engineer creativity on this one.

if there's any interest - i'll post up the stems later.

[/soundcloud

i released this one a few days ago. anybody feel like giving it a remix? i'd be interested in hearing what you guys come up with. i think there's a fair amount of opportunity for engineer creativity on this one.

if there's any interest - i'll post up the stems later.

[/soundcloud

I would love to remix it!

ok guys, here ya go. had to break it into 2 ZIPs. please - as always - if you post a mix of this elsewhere - give credit where credit is due. i've included a README in the 'band' zip that includes tempo and some other details about the song.

i like doing these because i always learn a little something about my own recording/mixing process. there's more than a few things about this recording that could/should have probably been done a little better, but you know - it is what it is. anyway.. have fun. looking forward to hearing what you pull together!

Band stems
Vocal stems

Thx for the stems. Good song. heres my go on it. hope u like it

great f**king mix! love the clarity of the vocals and how well balanced, straight forward everything is! well done! i kick my ass every time i hear that slightly flat note on the high part in the humming/choir part. ugh.. i usually catch stuff like that. didn't here for some reason. :mad:

great f**king mix! love the clarity of the vocals and how well balanced, straight forward everything is! well done! i kick my ass every time i hear that slightly flat note on the high part in the humming/choir part. ugh.. i usually catch stuff like that. didn't here for some reason. :mad:

Thanks. Glad u liked it

Very very quick mix! Thank you it was fun!

Attachments

• Mark Schuster - Propaganda Force Feed.mp3
    9.5 MB · Views: 11
Another killer song Mark!

On another note John Arch listened to the one we did together a few years back and really liked it. Had a lot of nice things to say, so big pat on the back for you. Keep up the good work!

Another killer song Mark!

On another note John Arch listened to the one we did together a few years back and really liked it. Had a lot of nice things to say, so big pat on the back for you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks John! That's pretty cool John Arch liked the song. Thanks for sharing that!

I really like working with your stuff, Mark, great song. Here's my go. I wonder whether you programmed the drums or played them on an electronic kit?

I really like working with your stuff, Mark, great song. Here's my go. I wonder whether you programmed the drums or played them on an electronic kit?

thanks man. great mix! like the guitars and what you did automating delay on the vox. Overall well balanced, w/ nice touches throughout. Curious... my little annoying 'flat' note on that choir/humming bit at the end didn't seem to annoy me as much on your mix. autotune? or just buried it? Nice job on containing the ring on the lower tom on the last hit too. Another thing i f**ked up on my mix.. lol. Well done!

drums were Metal Machine thru Superior 2. majority of grooves were, i believe, outta the DFH EZX - with some midi tweaks here and there.

No Autotune, but I did try putting the choir part in the back with lots of reverb, so I guess it masks it.