Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Glenn Hughes To Tour Australia
glennhughes.jpg

Glenn Hughes
by Tim Cashmere

November 30 2005
Heavy metal legend Glenn Hughes will tour Australia for the first time in years, he told Undercover.
“We’re releasing my solo album with Chad Smith on there and Dave Navarro, we’re releasing it early in the new year to coincide with a few shows in Australia.” He said, “We’re really trying to get it together for the end of February. I’m going to tell you something, one of my primary goals in 2006 is to go to a beautiful country I call Australia. I haven’t been there for so long and it’s a great country. I love it.”
No dates are confirmed as of yet.
Those of you who know Glenn Hughes from his Deep Purple days would be pleased to know the Caljam DVD is out now, featuring a performace from Deep Purple MK III (with Hughes in the band).
“Caljam is back, let’s embrace it, let’s take a look at it one more time and realise that this is 1974.” He told Undercover, “This is a time in April in California with close to a quarter of a million people, let’s embrace that moment. This is before MTV. It’s a moment, it’s a postcard of love.”
Hughes spoke of the talent in Australia, professing his love of Jimmy Barnes, “You have a guy over there Jimmy Barnes who is my age I think who has also been given this great gift to sing. Let’s not knock these fifty year old men! Jimmy Barnes is the equivalent of a Glenn Hughes in Australia. He’s done well and he’s really well respected.”