More shite from in flames and cob

You know, I actually like the new IF song a lot more than anything I've heard from their past 3 cds. The clean vocals are actually tolerable this time. I've never been much of an IF fan though, so the song doesn't really do anything for me.

New COB sounds alright, but it may take some time to grow on me. I'm a big fan of 'em though, so hopefully they won't let me down.

It makes me really sad to see how in flames have turned out... But I still respect them for what they have done before.

In Flames...drop the nu-age american poser hardcore influence and kick Anders out please!

The Bodom one wasn't bad but they seem like they are trying to please FTR fans and mixing in the horrible sounds of AYDY with it...isn't working too well.

Anyways....fukk this...How about some new Katatonia!

The only reminiscent part to follow the reaper was one of the keyboard licks during the middle. The rest sounds like aydy.

I'm a fan of the older stuff of both of those bands, but the newer stuff, I find, is just terrible. Even with the old stuff, I'm not what you would call a big fan anyways.

In Flames has turned into into a completely retarded band, i'm pretty sure that they produce the worst music on this planet right now, too bad because they made great albums in the past(pre-Clayman + a few select songs from Reroute). Chidren of bodom is and will always be goofy, homoerotic melodeath at its worst. Failure bands.

Honestly, IF was crap ever since Reroute To Remain. I do have to say that the clean vocals were a lot more tolerable this time than anything from the past 3 albums. I like COB though, just not crazy about the new stuff.

In Flames and CoB both bring good and bad things to the scene on a whole. I was just thinking about it. For many young metalheads, these two bands are bridge bands. They hear this music, and this brings them into the genre of metal, and then they start discovering better music within the realm of heavy metal. And, of course, the bad aspect is the fans who think that these bands are simply god, and won't listen to anything else. I find that close-mindedness when it comes to music is absolutely pointless, though.

But, like I said. Bridge bands. We all have those. Iron Maiden and Opeth brought me into metal when I was 13, 14. Through them I learned about metal and discovered other bands like Katatonia, Moonspell, Enslaved, and Unleashed, to name a few.

Good point Susan!

And I think both bands have been really innovative with their first albums.
I like the first two CoB albums, but after that all sounds the same or worse.
In Flames had some good albums too.
Most bands don't know when the time has come to stop before they get shitty ;) No, I can't say that because I think they sell lots of albums, and that must have a reason, allthough I can't gt it ;)

Exactly. :p

Honestly, if I was in a band, I'd prefer to leave the stage on a good note, y'see? I was looking up some info about Bettie Paige the other day. She is still alive, but has vowed never to leak a photograph of herself to the public. Why? She wants people around the world to remember her as a young and daring pin up from the 50s. Makes sense!

After listening to the COB song I don't know if I now hate Bodoms music more than the Alexi worshipers that are out there.

In Flames - well... no big surprise after their last three albums. Although I like In Flames a hell of a lot more than Children Of Bodom, their old albums are classics.

ha ha ha ha inflames did it again!!! awful screams good clean vocals though...

I just can't get why In Flames are making this kind of music? I understand they want to mature and go out "there"...but wasn't the music on Lunar Strain, Subterranean, and Jester Race ahead of its time? Are they just lazy or bored? I hope this is just a song for that stupid Bam assholes mix tape and not a sign of the new record...Yeah I'll stop laughing now...

I was crazy about In Flames around ~'97-'00. I have to agree that they have lost it. Especially Anders, the energy he used to have in his growl is almost gone, I especially loved his voice on Colony. Some of his whining/cleans i cant even stand.
Nowdays when i want the wibe I used to get from old IF I put on The Haunted, Within Y or Corporation 187.

The only kinda melo deathish cd I still listen to is the haunted-the dead eye.

I just can't get why In Flames are making this kind of music? I understand they want to mature and go out "there"...but wasn't the music on Lunar Strain, Subterranean, and Jester Race ahead of its time? Are they just lazy or bored? I hope this is just a song for that stupid Bam assholes mix tape and not a sign of the new record...Yeah I'll stop laughing now...

they just achieved it's shitty music formula to sell records...they did their thing, at least Im thankful for what they did...three fucking masterpieces :headbang: