More shite from in flames and cob

Anders should have stayed with Dark Tranquillity. Unlike IF, DT have progressively improved their sound and are IMO a truly amazing band. IF is just terrible now.
As for COB, I've honestly tried to get into them but I just can't. I fail to see why they are so highly acclaimed. They really aren't that great.

Anders should have stayed with Dark Tranquillity. Unlike IF, DT have progressively improved their sound and are IMO a truly amazing band. IF is just terrible now.
As for COB, I've honestly tried to get into them but I just can't. I fail to see why they are so highly acclaimed. They really aren't that great.

Might just be me but I think DT have made the same album 3 times in a row already. Projector is the only interesting album they put out imo.

If Anders wouldve stayed in DT, then we would have 2 shitbands instead of 1 right now.
DTs new album kicks ass endeed, sure its nothing groundbreaking but im not getting tired of it either, yet. Going to see them live in a few months, havent seen them since '99.

I saw COB on Slayers Unholy Alliance-tour, I think its the worst peace of crap ive seen/heard live ever (even worse than HIM supporting Metallica a few weeks ago). That keyboard sounded like a silly computergame on speed or something. Me and my pal could barely keep our laughs in, and he actually likes COB quite much.

Might just be me but I think DT have made the same album 3 times in a row already. Projector is the only interesting album they put out imo.

Exactly. They get to rehash 3 albums in a row, and just because the whole scene turned to shit people think they're gods. They ain't nothin special at all. The keyboardist is the only member of the band who does anything interesting.

In Flames and CoB both bring good and bad things to the scene on a whole. I was just thinking about it. For many young metalheads, these two bands are bridge bands. They hear this music, and this brings them into the genre of metal, and then they start discovering better music within the realm of heavy metal. And, of course, the bad aspect is the fans who think that these bands are simply god, and won't listen to anything else. I find that close-mindedness when it comes to music is absolutely pointless, though.

But, like I said. Bridge bands. We all have those. Iron Maiden and Opeth brought me into metal when I was 13, 14. Through them I learned about metal and discovered other bands like Katatonia, Moonspell, Enslaved, and Unleashed, to name a few.
Amen sister! Couldnt have said it better...there is definitely the pre-pube mantality and closemindedness all over the COB forums.

and yes, both songs are shit.

I like how it says ''Best melodic death metal band'' on the IF song, okay so it's juts an opinion but still. Can it even be called that anymore?
But I still like Reroute to Remain... Heh.

CoB...Hmm. Alexi can play pretty fast but I can't remember any of the riffs he has written. Didn't like neither of those songs.

I just can't get back into In Flames. I can listen to Jester Race every now and then, but not like I used to.

I mainly just put on Subterranean from time to time because it has my favorite Black Metal vocalist, Henke Forss :)

Can't wait for that new Dawn album!

I'll admit Projector is probably one of their greatest achievements but the new album is friggin solid. Not to mention Mikael Stanne is the most gorgeous vocalist in all of metal. Yeah that has nothing to do with the argument lol

I'm not gay, I swear

But, like I said. Bridge bands.

Whoracle brought me into the realm of deathmetal. All other death metal I had heard before sounded like crap, but this cd actually had melody. Although I don't listen to them anymore, they totally changed my life musically, what I listen to and what I compose. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have known about bands like Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Katatonia, Eucharist, Tristania, and a host of other awesome bands.