More Woods photos: jamspace + new band pics!

WrathChld

Rehab is for quitters.
Mar 10, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.markcoatsworth.com
As many of you know, Woods is now a full five-piece band, so I came out to their jam space last weekend to shoot some new pictures. Here they are now for your viewing pleasure...

First, a few shots of everyone rehearsing for the Kathedral gig:

2007-jam-01.jpg

2007-jam-02.jpg

2007-jam-03.jpg

2007-jam-04.jpg

2007-jam-05.jpg

2007-jam-06.jpg

2007-jam-07.jpg

2007-jam-08.jpg

2007-jam-09.jpg

2007-jam-10.jpg

2007-jam-11.jpg

2007-jam-12.jpg

And also... a couple of new group shots!

2007-band-01.jpg

2007-band-02.jpg

Wow. Amazing. Those individual shots are excellent, what could have been boring rehearsal pictures was turned into art. :worship:
How about sharing the technical details, like camera/focal length/aperture etc ?

Well those pics are the sex, very nice. Who are the two other members? Haven't heard about/seen them before. Any cool background?

Well those pics are the sex, very nice. Who are the two other members? Haven't heard about/seen them before. Any cool background?

I assume you are reffering to the drummer- Chris Mezz, and the other guitarist besides Dave. I don't know the guitarist's name but the drummer plays for Wetwork as well, which is a cool band.

Wow. Amazing. Those individual shots are excellent, what could have been boring rehearsal pictures was turned into art. :worship:
How about sharing the technical details, like camera/focal length/aperture etc ?

Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

I'd rather not say which camera I'm using, since that's largely unimportant.

But as for focal length, everything was taken on a 15 mm fisheye lens and an 85 mm telephoto. I love the flat perspective of the long lens... very helpful when you're shooting in tight spaces, also when everyone in the band are vastly different heights. It also allows you to cut out unwanted details... like in that band photo in front of the tree, it was the only interesting feature in sight, so the tight crop worked perfectly... nice and simple.

As for aperture, most of the indoor stuff was shot around f/2.8 or so. I didn't have much light and had to shoot as wide open as possible. Outdoors, I was able to bump that up to f/16. 1600 ISO on the indoors stuff, 400 outside.

Hope this helps :)

Mr. Coatsworth-- did you see that at least one of your pics is in the limited edition book that's coming out with the new November's Doom album?

I knew they were using one -- it's a picture I took in the Faroe Islands last summer. But I wasn't sure where they were using it... is it the album booklet, or in a different package? Have you seen the result?

Those guys are unfortunately a bit tough to get ahold of. I haven't even gotten a copy of Pale Haunt Departure yet, which I shot the photos for :( Well, I suppose I could go harass them in their forum, but I'm so lazy...

Zeke, wicked, thanks for posting that! So it's actually a fully separate booklet then? Is it coming with the CD or distributed separately? I didn't even know they were using that picture... should hit those dudes up and demand heavy royalties... ha!

Here's the one they wanted to use in the booklet. It was taken in the north-east Faroe Islands, outside a small town called Klaksvik. Of course, the final version will likely look much different, since Trav Smith is designing it... I can't wait to see what he does with this!

faroes-02.jpg

Zeke, wicked, thanks for posting that! So it's actually a fully separate booklet then? Is it coming with the CD or distributed separately?

Awesome Faroe Island pic...

But to answer your question-- it's a separate 'book' of Paul Kuhr's that is limited to 300 and available for pre-order with the new album. I think it's about 80 pages or something.

Zeke, wicked, thanks for posting that! So it's actually a fully separate booklet then? Is it coming with the CD or distributed separately? I didn't even know they were using that picture... should hit those dudes up and demand heavy royalties... ha!

Here's the one they wanted to use in the booklet. It was taken in the north-east Faroe Islands, outside a small town called Klaksvik. Of course, the final version will likely look much different, since Trav Smith is designing it... I can't wait to see what he does with this!

faroes-02.jpg

There are 20 Coatworth pics in the book "The Wayfaring Chronicles"-- got it today-- and it looks awesome.

The Faroe Island pic is indeed in the booklet for the CD has been redone by Travis Smith and covers two pages for the song "Twilight Innocence"-- it's got a paper boat added in the water.

Of course the disc sounds excellent as well-- actually I got a promo of this about a month or so ago and imo it's the strongest, most fluid November's Doom album of the last few-- and it will easily find a spot in the best of 2007.:kickass: