Morgana Lefay self titled CD?? Help!

desert_demon

Wise in the ways of metal
Nov 10, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
:confused: I recently came across at a local store a CD by Morgana LeFay which to my knowledge does not appear on either Morgana Lefay's or Lefay's discography. It is a CD titled simply Morgana Lefay with a cover that is very un-Morgana Lefay like, a photo of bullet being fired from a gun (the band usually goes for a fantasy theme in their covers, I've noticed).
Can anyone help me with info on this CD? Is it really a Morgana Lefay release or just another band with the same name. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you. :confused:

Thanks for the info Gaunerin! So the deal is it IS a Morgana Lefay album, just not THE Morgana Lefay we all know, sort of like a side project for those other Morgana Lefay members that did not go on to form Lefay. Did I get it right?
Thanks for the HELLcome by the way. :tickled:

It is entirely different than the rest... I know this isn't very descriptive, but MHz had it right -- I bought it last year and listened to it twice.

Interesting, during my drive to the Bay Area this morning, I really considered taking this one along with me...I took the Seventh Seal instead...

Over Thanksgiving here, I'll spin it up and offer a better take on this CD next week, I simply can't remember it now!

I think I only listen to it ones, and now i dont feel like it worth my time(Yes im a VEERRRYYY importent person, with VVEEERRRYYY little time to spare....NOT!!!)

But tell me what your feelings are over the album, then i might reconsider listen to it again

I did listen to it again this weekend, three times in fact.

Before I lay into it, there are times the music reminds me of Malefecium, there are hints of familiarity in the songs Rage and Hate, particularly in the opening riffs. This is really hard to put my finger on, though, it's not very distinct and I'm not very good at explaining why. And, throughout the disc there are some pretty cool leads -- very deliberate and clean.

The vocals are not good. I spent a long time thumbing through all my CDs so I could figure out what they sound like, and then it hit me -- Metallica's Load, the song Poor Twisted Me, the same vocal distortion Hetfield uses in that song is exactly the same as what Persson uses on the whole damn CD! I cannot get past this, the worst aspect of this CD, far and away. Load was terrible, was the last CD I ever bought from them -- doesn't bode well for Morgana Lefay...

Gone are the cool trademark Lefay slower songs (e.g., So Strange, Last Rites, A Final Farewell) -- this disc is all at the same fast pace, disjointed walls of rhythm guitar in my opinion.

The Darling Nikki cover is probably the worst song you'll ever hear. Sounds terrible. And I don't know what to think of the last song, Por favor...sort of an experimental thing, you know?

The best song on the CD is the first one, Save Me. This one is its salvation, it will be the only reason to ever pick this one off the wall again...