Morrigan

Dec 5, 2002
Dallas
Alright, so I've never actually gotten around to checking this band out, and now Im regretting it. Im sure everyone on this board already owns all of their albums and owns 645389 signed OOP copies of their demo's, so you all can enlighten me. Such as, which album should I pick up first. Ive heard Anam Cara from 'Enter the Sea of Flames" and that is an awesome song. Very reminescent of BFD and Hammerheart era Bathory. I looked around for the Mayhemic Truth release, "In memoriam", with zero sucess, apparently its sold out. Anyway. Knowlegify and recomend.

Sorath said:
It all sounds like Bathory.
Fuckin' cool, I've asked about 31275903125 times what these dudes sound like and now I know. Probably just buy more Bathory before getting their stuff though. Hammerheart reconfigures my lower intestine!

I actually like listening to Morrigan more than Bathory. Enter the Sea of Flames and Celts are excellent releases.

Ok, I went to their site. The songs off of Celts are pretty good, The Plague waste death song is not bad, but " Anam Cara" is still the best, and gets better with each listen. The " 1000 Candles" song from Mayhemic Truth's "In Memoriam is also splendid. Anyone know where I can buy "Enter the sea of Flames" ?

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Anyone know where I can buy "Enter the sea of Flames" ?
eBay always has lots of auctions for ETSOF and PWD. www.barbarianwrath.com should have them as well.

The only place to buy Celts (that I'm aware of) is directly from the band.

EDIT: You might also try to contact David Salazar at dvsalazar@aol.com. He still might have some copies. His prices are pretty low, and shipping varies depending on your location. He has an excellent list of stuff, which can be found on this forum. Just do a search.

I've got their first 2 albums coming in the mail any day now. Great stuff, sounds more like Bathory than Bathory do themselves at times.