mosh pit at manchester

timothy sykes

Oct 19, 2005
thanks saxon for a great night
this post is aimed directly at the fat bastard who thinks its fun to start a mosh pit during dallas 1pm
i was stood at the front next to a nice guy with his daughter from london i looked to my left to see a fat 3 chinned arsehole basically charging and barging into people to create a mosh pit of sorts well saxons music isnt the type of music that creates moshing i just hope that the fat bastard was run over by a truck or tram or choked on his 2lb double cheeseburger
HE WASNT A SAXON FAN , AND HE WENT OUT OF WAY TO SPOIL OTHER PEOPLES ENJOYMENT SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS (THATS IF YOU CAN READ !!!!!) HERES MY ADVICE

GO FUCK OFF AND DIE SOMEWHERE ,PREFERABLY SOMEWHERE QUIET AND WHILE YOUR IN PAIN YOU ARSEHOLE

i hope i speak for everybody who was pushed crushed butted elbowed and punched by this fucking cretin

Aint posted on here for ages due to pc trouble!!!

Dallas 1pm.... not really the type of tune someone would go mad to, mid paced rocker that you have to bang your fist or sing along to, not fucking start slamming. I hate that shit at gigs.
What a fucking poser, i hope somebody smacked him one.

You see more and more that a pit starts. Some drunk Buldozers sweeping the floor in front of the stage. I've even seen them with Broken Heroes.
I think that some people think that that is what you suppose to do at a Metal Show.

I was at the Manchester gig too...I know what you mean, although I didn't see the "fat bastard" in question, as far as I'm aware! I was over by Paul Quinn this time though, so maybe I was lucky enough to avoid him. I did notice that the younger Saxon fans were doing all that pushing each other about and pissing off the rest of the crowd nonsense that is usually reserved for Nu Metal gigs. When I looked over, they had their backs to the stage, so were paying no attention to the gig! When I first started seeing Saxon (only about 5 years ago), there was none of that! Ok, you get jostled about when people are jumping - fair enough - but deliberately pushing into other (usually smaller!) people is bang out of order and ruins your enjoyment. They, and the fat bastard you mentioned have no regard or respect for anyone elses rights to enjoy the show without coming out covered in bruises. While I'm on my soapbox about this (well, you started it! lol), one of the tossers that went on the stage (about 5 times, despite Biff telling him not to do it again), came over to where I was standing, to jump off the stage - only there was a young lad in a wheelchair by the stage, and was unable to move out of the way because the place was so packed...and by the look on the lads face, I think this dickhead might have landed on him and hurt him in some way...nice one, tosspot!

Got to say though, I'm so pleased they had a good turn out in Manchester, 'cos I want 'em to come back more often! I love seeing them anywhere and everywhere, but there's nowt like seeing 'em in my home town :D

Totally agree i was at the machester gig with my girlfiend we was right at the front more or less in front of biff then this mosh shit started which for me and other saxon fans which i have replied to this thread has no place at a saxon gig spoils it, think i lost count how many came over me and nearlly on top of me and girlfriend, going to a saxon concert for me is not putting my hand to my face every few seconds so i dont get kicked in the teeth by some dickheads foot it dident happen in london like this and bradford as well when i saw them most of em looked like students who i think came for just a night out and spoil it for everybody else heres hopeing one day someone with 50 stone blubber sits on ya face and dosent get up youll no the feeling.

Apart from that a very big thankyou to saxon for a fantastic gig at london and mancheter we got our photo taken with doug and the lead singer out the support band which was cool although i had me feckin eyes shut on the photo for some reason and it looks a bag of shit on my part i blame the vodka but it was all worth it.

Gets back on the train home after the gig to find out i had been pick pockatid and some wanker knicked me phone only good thing to come out of it was the phone was half fucked so mate if ya happen to read this CHEERS:kickass:

:mad: saxon was fantastic:headbang: BUT didnt like the crowd surfin i got booted in head lots of times fuckin students, GLAD i didnt take my kidz , but apart from that everythin was brilliant, glad i got a pic with doug thanks doug if ur readin this and blitz and thanks blitz 4 sayin happy birthday 2 me u rock :Smokin:

i thought it was a great set. and in response to what sammi said before yes the guy did fall on simon (guy in wheel chair) and stood on his foot. other than that we all had a great night (plus i remember being given a mic to sing into). there were alot of younger kids there (im only 20 but there were plenty younger than that) there was a young girl who was probley about 16 stood next to me with her sister and she was swinging her hair round all night (both of us got rather freaked out when an oldish couple started groping each other on the floor instead of us. if you are this young lass or you no her tell her top one.

cracking night
bungle

thundercatsall said:
:mad: saxon was fantastic:headbang: BUT didnt like the crowd surfin i got booted in head lots of times fuckin students, GLAD i didnt take my kidz , but apart from that everythin was brilliant, glad i got a pic with doug thanks doug if ur readin this and blitz and thanks blitz 4 sayin happy birthday 2 me u rock :Smokin:

No problem at all :)... we are really enjoying ourselves and its an honour and we thank Biff and the lads for this opportunity ..they have been ABSOLUTELY FCKIN GREAAAT with us ..CHEERS LADS!!

See yas saturday in Glasgow

lord-bungle said:
i thought it was a great set. and in response to what sammi said before yes the guy did fall on simon (guy in wheel chair) and stood on his foot. other than that we all had a great night (plus i remember being given a mic to sing into).

You must have been right near me then! I was right at the front where Biff came down with the mic for you :) Me and Paxoman are "an older couple" in comparison to your 20 years...but I'd just like to say it was definitely NOT us groping each other! :puke: lol Hey, Saxon were on stage, that's far more important! :headbang:

Sorry to hear that pillock did hurt your friend, some people have no consideration.

Sammi951 said:
You must have been right near me then! I was right at the front where Biff came down with the mic for you :) Me and Paxoman are "an older couple" in comparison to your 20 years...but I'd just like to say it was definitely NOT us groping each other! :puke: lol Hey, Saxon were on stage, that's far more important! :headbang:

Sorry to hear that pillock did hurt your friend, some people have no consideration.

And Saxon can last for 2 hours:oops:

yeah moshing isn't really the thing for Saxon gig i mean it was awesome at Trivium, but Saxon is a totaly different experiance and it doesn't need it.

thanks to everybody for there support on this thread , im just glad that after been on this earth for nearly forty years i havent entirely turned into victor meldrew cant wait for graspop roll on june ,im also sorry to hear about the incident involving simon i hope hes ok and that he continues to come and see saxon it was us that set the spirit free

You always get a few people who spoil it for everyone else, and it always seems to be worse at the astoria for some reason. But Wolverhampton and Manchester had it's fair share of knobheads too. The tosser who stepped on Simon had already been onstage once, and had to gingerly get off the stage. So why the f**k he got back onstage again I have no idea.

I expected Dublin to be mental, but it was the best of the four gigs I went to for not being jostled or knocked around. Everyone was getting into it, but in their only little space, without the need to take out about four rows of people. Even then though, you got a few idiots who just don't seem to understand that you can't actually walk through people! But it only happened on a couple of songs, not throughout the gig.

hiya paxoman
how was the dublin setlist in comparison to the rest of the tour? saxon were only on stage (and i say only because its unusual for them to do less than 2 hrs) for 1 hr 40 at manchester and they omited eagle and crusader just wondered if it had anything to do with the crowd surfing and the strange atmosphere that there was at manchester

timothy sykes said:
hiya paxoman
how was the dublin setlist in comparison to the rest of the tour? saxon were only on stage (and i say only because its unusual for them to do less than 2 hrs) for 1 hr 40 at manchester and they omited eagle and crusader just wondered if it had anything to do with the crowd surfing and the strange atmosphere that there was at manchester

They were onstage in Dublin for about the same time as Manchester. I have the full setlist, in the right order for all four shows I was at (thanks Goss!). I will post all the setlists later when I get a minute.

timothy sykes said:
hiya paxoman

Like I said on the gig reviews thread - they didn't cut short the Manchester gig, and as far as I'm concerned, there was no "strange atmosphere"...and I was stone cold sober at this gig (unlike the other gigs!) because I was driving, so I would definitely have felt it if something was amiss.

fair enough sammi , it was perhaps in hindsight the wrong expression to use " strange atmosphere " perhaps my mind is still abit dazed by the number of size ten trainers and boots that kept landing on my head from the crowd surfers anyways enough about manchester ........ are yer going to graspop in june?