Mosh Pit Goes Full Bonkers at Iron Maidens Paladinos Show

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
As The Iron Maidens put on a spectacular show last Saturday at Paladinos, it turns out me showing up in sandals wasn't really the best idea. There are many things Millenials get criticized of being too dumbed down to handle, but I never thought a Mosh Pit (Slam Pit for the non-thrash inclined punk rockers) would be one of them. I can only assume those at Paladinos got their Moshing strategies from watching bad 80s-90s movies probably starring John Cusack without understanding it isn't simply human pin ball.

First of all, the term "Pit" is not meant to actually refer to a dug out hole in the ground, but to actually describe an area designated for Moshing or Slamming, and not to expand beyond this oval boundary. You see, flying into people beyond the "Pit", knocking into tables with bottles falling on the floor, no longer provides you the insurance of being picked up, held up or protected by your co-moshers. Those outside the "Pit" hate you, especially at a club that provides only a 5 X 10 area of standing room without tables.

Second, Moshing is not taking one guy from one corner of the pit and throwing him into the other corner and then tossing him back like a game of human badminton. Then another guy jumps on the guy in mid flight in which he bounces into someone beyond the pit and falls on someone simply trying to pay attention to Courtney's sick guitar frills, trills and dive bombs.

Third, were these "too young to be let into a club" crew, not aware that proper Moshing involves shoulders? I can only assume their deltoids were sore for over use of Twitter and Instagram, as this 2 hour concert, may have been the only time their arm remained not held up in abduction. The thought to actually bump into people and not toss people like human pin ball, seemed to go right over their heads. Remember proper Moshing etiquette: Shoulders and triceps, but forearms only when absolutely necessary. (Keep away from those with open toed shoes).

Finally, Paladinos, if you are going to hire security, why hire a 450 lb. guy who will simply walk into the mosh pit, and stand there while he provides a cushion for other Moshers to throw people into as he stands there with a huge smile on his face. No longer did they have to throw a guy from one end of the pit to the next, just throw him into this morbidly obese security guard as he seemed to be enjoying the extra affection.

Best part of the night: Courtney's solo in 2 Minutes to Midnight and then second best part, was every other solo she did. THAT my friends, is what we call "Guitar Technique!"

The worst part of the night: When a Hesher flew back into me and his hair when in my mouth. Yes, his sweaty greasy hair went inside my mouth. Actually, make that worst experience of the year.

And with the Damage Inc. drummer filling in, it was interesting to hear what Iron Maiden would have sounded like if Lars was their drummer. I'm sure we'd all still be using Napster if that were the case.

Great show! THANKS!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As The Iron Maidens put on a spectacular show last Saturday at Paladinos, it turns out me showing up in sandals wasn't really the best idea. There are many things Millenials get criticized of being too dumbed down to handle, but I never thought a Mosh Pit (Slam Pit for the non-thrash inclined punk rockers) would be one of them. I can only assume those at Paladinos got their Moshing strategies from watching bad 80s-90s movies probably starring John Cusack without understanding it isn't simply human pin ball.

First of all, the term "Pit" is not meant to actually refer to a dug out hole in the ground, but to actually describe an area designated for Moshing or Slamming, and not to expand beyond this oval boundary. You see, flying into people beyond the "Pit", knocking into tables with bottles falling on the floor, no longer provides you the insurance of being picked up, held up or protected by your co-moshers. Those outside the "Pit" hate you, especially at a club that provides only a 5 X 10 area of standing room without tables.

Second, Moshing is not taking one guy from one corner of the pit and throwing him into the other corner and then tossing him back like a game of human badminton. Then another guy jumps on the guy in mid flight in which he bounces into someone beyond the pit and falls on someone simply trying to pay attention to Courtney's sick guitar frills, trills and dive bombs.

Third, were these "too young to be let into a club" crew, not aware that proper Moshing involves shoulders? I can only assume their deltoids were sore for over use of Twitter and Instagram, as this 2 hour concert, may have been the only time their arm remained not held up in abduction. The thought to actually bump into people and not toss people like human pin ball, seemed to go right over their heads. Remember proper Moshing etiquette: Shoulders and triceps, but forearms only when absolutely necessary. (Keep away from those with open toed shoes).

Finally, Paladinos, if you are going to hire security, why hire a 450 lb. guy who will simply walk into the mosh pit, and stand there while he provides a cushion for other Moshers to throw people into as he stands there with a huge smile on his face. No longer did they have to throw a guy from one end of the pit to the next, just throw him into this morbidly obese security guard as he seemed to be enjoying the extra affection.

Best part of the night: Courtney's solo in 2 Minutes to Midnight and then second best part, was every other solo she did. THAT my friends, is what we call "Guitar Technique!"

The worst part of the night: When a Hesher flew back into me and his hair when in my mouth. Yes, his sweaty greasy hair went inside my mouth. Actually, make that worst experience of the year.

And with the Damage Inc. drummer filling in, it was interesting to hear what Iron Maiden would have sounded like if Lars was their drummer. I'm sure we'd all still be using Napster if that were the case.

Great show! THANKS!