mosh pit at manchester

Nah, I'm not going to Graspop...I've never really fancied festivals, to be honest...I always imagine them all to be like Glastonbury, where you get all mucky and what have you...and if I have to go more than one day without washing my hair or having a shower, I'd freak out! :D Besides, Paxoman doesn't do camping - his idea of "roughing it" is a hotel without tea/coffee making facilities in the room! :lol:

Sammi951 said:
Nah, I'm not going to Graspop...I've never really fancied festivals, to be honest...I always imagine them all to be like Glastonbury, where you get all mucky and what have you...and if I have to go more than one day without washing my hair or having a shower, I'd freak out! :D Besides, Paxoman doesn't do camping - his idea of "roughing it" is a hotel without tea/coffee making facilities in the room! :lol:

Shouldn't that read besides I couldn't get in the Bath cos Paxoman had fallen in it ? :lol:

Damn, this kind of thing really makes my blood boil.

Saxon is not a band that you 'Mosh' to. I mean WTF is 'moshing'? I know where it came from, that shit 'Nu-metal' crap.

What happened to the good old days of just standing, nodding the 'ol head and maybe a little headbanging or jumping...

If you ask me, moshing is just an excuse for 'emos' to hit and fight with each other, but they don't realise that people that want to enjoy the gig can get hurt.

WANKERS!!

I didn't notice much of it going in in Wolverhampton, but I was about 20 rows back and where I was standing there was no pushing or shoving, I had loads of space.

I mean it gets really silly when a load of idiots start crowd-surfing and moshing at a 'Dream Theater' gig. Thats what happened when I went to see them last year at the Civic Hall. Good that some of the people got pissed and threw one of them over the barrier to the security guards. They then dragged the bastards out.

Anyways, rant over now, lol.

Dogs_Of_War said:
Damn, this kind of thing really makes my blood boil.

Saxon is not a band that you 'Mosh' to. I mean WTF is 'moshing'? I know where it came from, that shit 'Nu-metal' crap.:erk:

Moshing has about much to do with nu metal than it has to do with saxon.Moshing is great in the right place its just saxon aint the right place.

I'm glad Saxon rocked Manchester :kickass:

I think it sucks that some fat fuck was trying to ruin it for the rest of you:err:

Have no fear though, we have those assholes over here too so these assholes are universal!

I'm more of an Old School Metal fan and I've been in the middle of that crap and it doesn't matter if it's Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio etc,etc these fools are always there. I agree that Saxon isn't the type of band either.

i'm there just headnaging like a fucker and if someone bumps into me a few times I let it go but when it gets too much then they'll get a hand or fist.

I saw Nicko McBrain and his band Mc Brain Damage play NYC and there was a fat fuck who was pulling that shit until a bunch of us told him if he didn't stop it we'd kick his ass:heh:

I think the ONLY time I saw a show that had a BIG mosh pit and was actually was cool was when I saw Exodus (Tempo Of The Damned cd)open for Megadeth (The System Has Failed cd) in NYC and it was insane and brutal! and even then I could only stand it for the whole Exodus set and maybe 5 Megadeth tunes then I had to move to the side:yow:

That was a great Thrash show and mosing is expected at a show like that though.

I agree with 100% there mate.A lot band i go to see are more punk than metal.If dont like mosh,slamming,wrecking or whatever then fuck off to the back.But for bands like Saxon you just dont do it,Mainly because we are all old old farts but Saxon just dont evoke that kinda of reaction.

hey "old farts" speak for yourself......im only erm nearly erm forty ...oops i guess i am an old fart lol........

Jeez....I'm 37 and got on the stage at the gig. I wasn't the fat get though. He was annoying when in the crowd, more so when he started diving into the crowd :).

Last time I did it was the '84 Maiden tour during Run to the Hills, so I don't think that making a tit of myself once every 20 odd years is too bad! '84 was the last time I saw Saxon too, and they still rocked.

I couldn't make my mind up between the Datsuns and Saxon that night and ended up getting tickets for both. The stage diving may have come about as a result of confusion about which room I was in :) ....and the beer of course.

Apologies to anyone who was annoyed. I'm sure I was very polite during the endeavour and rest assured it won't happen again.....Well maybe not for another 20 years ;)

There is a time and a place for Moshing / Slamming whatever you want to call call it, but Saxon ain't really the gig for it in my opinion.

I used to Crowd Surf, stage dive, mosh etc. but only at gigs that warranted it cripes at Donnington one year I surfed for what seemed like miles during a Sepultura set (In reality it was probably 2 feet ha ha). I have to add even if the band / music warranted it I wouldn't do it these days due to old age and the fact just leaping up and down at a gig leaves me aching for a couple of days.

To finish, I surfed at the old Concorde in Brighton it was my 30th birthday and Symposium were playing, little did I know there was no barrier between fans and stage, plus the lowest ceiling in any venue I've ever come across, not only did I nearly get wedged between the ceiling and everyones head :lol: but I landed on the stage the lead singer gave me the mike, I didn't know the words, made a pratt of myself and got thrown out :lol: I get outside and the average age of everyone outside is about 15 ! And they are all sitting there moaning about getting chucked out, I just walked round the venue and got back in the front :) got a pint and enjoyed the rest of the gig.

P.S. Symposium where are they now ????????

Fingers said:
There is a time and a place for Moshing / Slamming whatever you want to call call it, but Saxon ain't really the gig for it in my opinion.

I used to Crowd Surf, stage dive, mosh etc. but only at gigs that warranted it cripes at Donnington one year I surfed for what seemed like miles during a Sepultura set (In reality it was probably 2 feet ha ha). I have to add even if the band / music warranted it I wouldn't do it these days due to old age and the fact just leaping up and down at a gig leaves me aching for a couple of days.

To finish, I surfed at the old Concorde in Brighton it was my 30th birthday and Symposium were playing, little did I know there was no barrier between fans and stage, plus the lowest ceiling in any venue I've ever come across, not only did I nearly get wedged between the ceiling and everyones head :lol: but I landed on the stage the lead singer gave me the mike, I didn't know the words, made a pratt of myself and got thrown out :lol: I get outside and the average age of everyone outside is about 15 ! And they are all sitting there moaning about getting chucked out, I just walked round the venue and got back in the front :) got a pint and enjoyed the rest of the gig.

P.S. Symposium where are they now ????????

:lol: Nice one mate, that's a good story.