Moshpits - yay or nay?

• Yay!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Nay!

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a pussy. Call me old. Just don't piss me off... I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Schmidt, I bought my first bass in '82. My skill level is not reflective of the amount of time I've played though. :oops:

Jim

spideyjg said:
To an extent you are correct that some of us are into the different branches of metal that don't lend themselves to moshing.
Your earlier sweeping generalization, is what is very wrong.

You read Schmidt, myself, and some other comments you will see some of us in fact are not into the thrash/death/speed metal that does encourage moshing.

You say we are not into metal at all, say moshing was always part of metal, which three of us old farts that were there in the beginning tell you it wasn't and you call us pussies because we don't mosh?
Was moshing probably always a part of thrash and speed metal as they evolved? I would say so. However thrash and speed were not the first "metal" and the first metal roots did not mosh. So to say it was always a part of the metal culture is 100% wrong. Is it ingrained now into some branches? Absolutley.

Yet you agree there is a time and place and some bands are not for moshing. Like I said many post back we probably agree more than you think.

Let me ask you do you think Still Life is a moshing song? That is one the Maidens asked me to shoot a clip when the debuted it at Paladinos and some mook tried to start a pit in that song slamming me into the stage and the props up front.
Was that the right time and place?

Jim *meow*

Who is to say what is the right time and place? I certainly don't feel like moshing to Still Life but if some people do thats fine with me. Its fuckin metal. Go to a fuckin creed show or motley crue if you wanna just stand in the front and not worry about Moshing. If someone is paying for a concert ticket and is a big fan of Maiden and they enjoy the show by moshing in the PIT section where you are SUPPOSED to PIT then so bit it. If you are old and not into it get out of there and go sit a few rows back and you can wear your tight black jeans, leather jacket and whip your hair like its 1984.

In all seriousness, this is 2006 sure back in 1980 moshing wasn't a huge part of the Metal scene. However that has definetely changed. You old farts just can't accept its not 1980 anymore and things have changed. Believe me I am not some young kid I am 32 years old but also realize that moshing is definetely a part of the metal culture is 2006. Bruce even encourages the "Kids" to come down to the pit for their shows and go crazy. Thats one reason he says the shows in america are boring to play because its filled with 45 year old beer drinkers just standing there. He wants to see more crowd interaction, and if that includes some kids moshing so be it.

I don't mean to offend anyone in particular here, thats not at all what I am doing. So those that think I am attacking you personally please don't take it that way.

I am just saying its 2006 not 1980 anymore and you have to roll with the times. Anything goes in Metal, its where you can express yourself in how ever you feel. If moshing is how you let out your emotions and makes you feel the music go for it, I will join you or get out the way.

And who ever is saying they are an ex-bouncer and will take care of moshers you are pathetic and I hope you get trampled down. You don't deserve to be in the PIt if thats the attitude you are taking with you. Those people are enjoying the show and paid good money. I highly doubt the Maiden boys want some ex-bouncer in their pit trying to beat up kids that are moshing. Get a life

Metallicat180 said:
Well I was only born in 1984 so I am one of the so called "kids" so am definately not stuck in the 80's. As I said before, I'm sure Bruce just loves to see his kids getting taken out of the pit by the ambulance crew due to the crush from the moshpit behind them. Great audience interaction there!!

Exaggeration maybe? I have been to Deicide, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Pantera and never one time seen anyone get taken out by an ambulance. I have been to over 20 Iron maiden shows and never seen more than a small circle pit in the PIT section. Big deal.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Exaggeration maybe? I have been to Deicide, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Pantera and never one time seen anyone get taken out by an ambulance. I have been to over 20 Iron maiden shows and never seen more than a small circle pit in the PIT section. Big deal.

Have you been to an Iron Maiden gig in Scotland then, smart arse?! Well I have and did actually witness that. I don't care what bands you've seen, I'm telling you what I saw and if you don't believe me, listen to this. From the bootleg I have of the Glasgow show - or is Bruce exaggerating?? :rolleyes:

Bruce stopping singing during the first song, Wildest Dreams to try and stop the crush - http://www.sendspace.com/file/7tybpx

Speech after Wrathchild - http://www.sendspace.com/file/tkj3za

Metallicat180 said:
From the bootleg I have of the Glasgow show - or is Bruce exaggerating?? :rolleyes:

Just because you have proof on tape doesn't mean it really happened. Obviously facts don't change beliefs. :rolleyes:

Jim

Metallicat180 said:
Have you been to an Iron Maiden gig in Scotland then, smart arse?! Well I have and did actually witness that. I don't care what bands you've seen, I'm telling you what I saw and if you don't believe me, listen to this. From the bootleg I have of the Glasgow show - or is Bruce exaggerating?? :rolleyes:

Bruce stopping singing during the first song, Wildest Dreams to try and stop the crush - http://www.sendspace.com/file/7tybpx

Speech after Wrathchild - http://www.sendspace.com/file/tkj3za

I believe you there was a huge floor with a ton of people that were trying to sqeeze to the front and be closer to the stage. This would not be MOSHING but rather pushing and shoving and trying to squeeze to the front causing 1000's of people to get trampled and what not. This is not a small circle pit in front of the stage.

I don't know why you are getting so offended. I believe you that you had a bad experience in mosh pits. I never said I didn't believe you haven't been around moshing even at an Iron Maiden gig. All I am saying is that typically people don't mosh too much for Iron Maiden and out of the 20 shows i have been to there has been very little moshing. If there is moshing I have no problem with it, its not for me to judge. Even in brutal death metal pits the crowd helps each other out. When someone goes down someone picks you up. Thats the way it goes.

None the less stick to your Motley Crue and Def Leppard so you don't have to worry about Moshing.

What about when Iron Maiden took out Anthrax and Testament and Corrosion of Conformity. There are a lot of people in the audience that are there for those bands and those bands completely encourage moshing its part of their show. Even write songs about it.

I can't believe how mad people get when talking about moshing, its fuckin heavy metal, get over it

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I believe you there was a huge floor with a ton of people that were trying to sqeeze to the front and be closer to the stage. This would not be MOSHING but rather pushing and shoving and trying to squeeze to the front causing 1000's of people to get trampled and what not. This is not a small circle pit in front of the stage.

I don't know why you are getting so offended. I believe you that you had a bad experience in mosh pits. I never said I didn't believe you haven't been around moshing even at an Iron Maiden gig. All I am saying is that typically people don't mosh too much for Iron Maiden and out of the 20 shows i have been to there has been very little moshing. If there is moshing I have no problem with it, its not for me to judge. Even in brutal death metal pits the crowd helps each other out. When someone goes down someone picks you up. Thats the way it goes.

None the less stick to your Motley Crue and Def Leppard so you don't have to worry about Moshing.

What about when Iron Maiden took out Anthrax and Testament and Corrosion of Conformity. There are a lot of people in the audience that are there for those bands and those bands completely encourage moshing its part of their show. Even write songs about it.

I can't believe how mad people get when talking about moshing, its fuckin heavy metal, get over it

No, there was moshing too - I saw it. I don't have any video of the gig so can't prove you wrong again. I'm sick of you and your eltist attitude. Just because your a mosher does not mean you are more metal than me. I'll keep going to see bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax etc as well as "pussy" bands such as Def Leppard and Motley Crue. You need to get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.