Most annoying lyrical clichés?

this thread makes me wonder why a lot of you gay lords even post on a forum called Ultimate Metal...?

I'm sure the forum as a whole is ever so sorry for disliking overused cliche's in 90% of metal lyrics.
Very few metal bands have even the slightest grasp of how to make the written word flow, how to make statements with metaphors and similes.
I mean I'm sure all of us appreciate a good cheesy cliche here and there, but there's nothing wrong with wishing our favourite genre would evolve to a more complex state of existence. Metal music has evolved, why haven't the lyrics?

singers who use "I" a lot....hate it.

I'd rather read lyrics that arent describing the vocalists "life", but rather if he/she would speak about things from the 3rd person, so to say. Seems like more people can relate that way, rather than just reading someones story.

Close to the dragonforce thing I hate "falling away" seems to be popular with the crybaby Nu Metal guys. Makes me wants to punch an infant everytime I hear that phrase!

I dont get bothered that much by specific lyrics but i think that the "cat/dog" routine that most of the corecore bands are doing now is kinda cliché now, you know the entire "sensitive nice line about feelings" followed with the "raooraawraawraaraooraraaooooooor"line.
Check out Loosing You from Dead By April if you wanna se an example :)

Or the Soulfly-era Max Cavalera approach

FUCK!
Soul!
Prophecy!
Bleed!
Fire!
Faith!
Blood!
Jump!
Hate!
Back!
Eyes!
Fear!
War!
Enemy!
Propaganda!
Rise!
Prophet!
Hope!
Pain!
AAAAAAAAAAAA!
*name of the song is the chorus' lyrics*

That could actually be a pretty badass Soulfly song.

Haha, Kreator is one of my favorite bands but almost all of their songs involve the song title being yelled as the chorus (or not always the chorus in some lyrics).

Lets just look at the last album, hordes of chaos. The number of non instrumental songs where the title is not shouted?

Zero

Edit: Except for one or two outliers the result is that same for the rest of mille's lyrics. That being said I still think Kreator has awesome lyrics.

Haha, Kreator is one of my favorite bands but almost all of their songs involve the song title being yelled as the chorus (or not always the chorus in some lyrics).

thats still a sight better than having the title repeated 8-12 times with an uninspired sounding change in melody 2-3 times as a chorus ala Iron Maiden (last 10 years more so than the early stuff)

Lets just look at the last album, hordes of chaos. The number of non instrumental songs where the title is not shouted?

Zero

Edit: Except for one or two outliers the result is that same for the rest of mille's lyrics. That being said I still think Kreator has awesome lyrics.

Same for Enemy of God.
But it's the only band were I remember the songtitles of the most awesome songs immediately ;)
Kreator kick so much ass :headbang: