Compare these lyrics

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
Right, these are two sets of lyrics I'm using for my band, written by myself. The first was written nearly a full year back, the second I finished about an hour ago :) I've only ever written two other sets of lyrics, one of which was just poor and the other a touch sensitive for me. Please take this into account and understand that these are by no means gems, just a kid's first attempts at lyric-writing. The first batch was severely inspired by that great band Gehennah :cool: and will not be changed. I wouldn't mind any feedback on the second one, though, any thoughts or constructive critiscism or anything.

Both songs are unnamed. Both are based on real experiences, the first is a true story ;) :lol:

I went to a party only just the other night
Necking back those beers so I would feel alright
I been busted by the law and making the news
So I needed some alcohol to drown my blues
I pissed on myself and got mud all on the floor
But then I saw this babe who made me come back for more
She was dressed real loose, looking like a hussy
And from then I knew that I needed some pussy!

You don't know me too well, babe
But I know I can have your night made
I ain't got a car
Ain't got the right clothes
I ain't got the drugs
That others take in droves
But I got metal in my music and metal in my heart
And my sole desire is to let the fucking start!

I woke up this morning and couldn't feel my head
I hoped she gave it to me in more ways than one instead
Where's this fucking girl that I know I gotta lay?
The other bitches here could turn a straight man gay
Fuck you in your cunt or fuck you up the ass
You're so goddamn hot I know I couldn't let it pass
So watch out babe when I'm coming up your street tonight
You'd better take off all your clothes and let me fuck you right!

"This is for all the pseudo-fascists teachers in the world, including our good friend Big Johnny H!"

One mistake thirty years ago
Left a bitter old man feeling low
He rules the kids with an iron fist
Denies them the freedom that he missed

Once upon a time my hair wasn't an issue
Now things don't seem to work like they used to
They look in their rulebook and tell me I'm wrong
It's only that book that makes them feel strong

Even my mum don't make me tie it back
Less of the attitude, cut me some slack!

Their authority is assumed, an illusion
Tear off their mask and push it right through them
Mortal men with the power of Jesus
Bit only he had the strength to lead us
Don't dictate to me how my life must be lead
Don't make it a struggle just to earn my bread

You're only human like me and my friends
Don't push things too far, who knows where it'll end?

A bit more work on the second one to try and get things across. Like I said, only finished an hour ago! :D Speak! Speak!

I see views but no replies -_- a case of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" ? ;) Come on guys, I can take punishment! :cool:

Hahahaha! Fucking LOL :lol:
The first song about the babe, is really well written dude....:lol:
No seriously, If you delete the "metal in my music , metal in my heart" part, I think these lyrics would fit a punk song!
Maybe I will steal it, and tell the guys in my band that I wrote it :heh:
Great lyrics, you're a awesome song writer!
Keep up the good work Ayeka ! :D
heheh..oh man, I had a good laugh.. :lol:

NP: Green Day - The Grouch
Melodic Punk rock isn't that bad..is it guys? :)

Funny you should single out that part, I put it in to up the irony ante into stratospheric levels :) "let's take the piss and put some pure ManOwaR in here!"

If you steal it I shall travel to Norway and beat you with sticks ;) but once my band has finished it I could allow you to cover it :) :)

Thanks for making me feel better about myself! :lol:

Travel to norway and beat me with sticks? :lol:
I'll take that challenge dude!
I too have alot of sticks you know :D
We can make it a stick fight. It's only allowed to use the sticks, and the first person who hit the opponent in the eye wins.

But I'm warning you dude..I'm one hell of a stick fighter! :devil:
The unbeaten Stick Master! :loco:

NP: Kamelot - Alexandria

And I must warn you...I have glasses! :D Try getting through my defences why don't you!

I'll bring the band on tour while I'm at it...they shall be the band with the One-Eyed Bass Player :cool:

Haha! your glasses wont help you dude! :D
I can become the one eyed drummer though..I don't like the thought of that..right now I see a pretty bizarre picture before me, heh..
I think we should cancel the fight..I need both of my eyes! :D

NP: Avalon - The Glory

Misfits? Heard of them but not heard them, know what I mean? I hear they're something of a comic-book horror style punk band, been knocking around for a while. I think they have two songs called Attitude and Death Comes Ripping that were covered by Guns N Roses and Cradle Of Filth, though I might be getting confused here.

Thanks for the supportive words, guys. I hope i can work towards higher standards in the future, though I hate having to force words so who knows how long it'll be? :D

And, dragonmaiden, I can assure you that my etiquette is far more refined in reality than in my lyrics ^_^ most of the time!

Ayeka....lyrics are always a tricky area. Sometimes they just flow out other times not. My rule of thumb these days is that if it doesn't flow....then I leave it and come back later or even move on to something else. It's rare to write a complete song from start to finish, although in our case "Far Away" is an exception.

That's definately a good rule, if not the rule for lyrics...I apply the same for fictional writing (used to be an avid fanfic writer, me :D) - forcing words out makes them feel quite unnatural, and more often than not they'll just suck. When I was writing fanfics I only did it when I felt I wanted to, with lyrics I do the same, that way I can at least feel satisfied with them even if they aren't milestones. I recommend the same plan to everyone! :D