Most Anticipated of 2002?

seems ill set kazaa to download a bunch of BG songs before i got to bed, and yes Kazaa is my magical wizard whom only i can see.

well I have Blind Guardian as a CO-Header with Dark Tranquillity in the ROBBFFV (Ranking Of Best Bands For FatherVic)
I wouldn't call them PowerMetal. They have reaaaaaaaally elaborated songs, not as the 90% of powermetal bands. It's not an ordinary German vocals. He's voice so greatfully strong, not clear at all as powermetal normally does!!!!!
And also take care of some lyrics, they're awesome, if you like some fantasy. But do not expect cheeeesy and absurd lyrics like Rhapsody, at least these wongs are written for someone with a mental age over 8 (so I catch them by little ;p)

i think fathervic is right and wrong.

right: they sound waaaay better than rhapsody, and their lyrics are pretty decent. also, the people they hire to play the flute and stuff does know what a flute (or stuff) is beforehand.

wrong: they're power metal. trust me. ;) and the vocals are quite german, really. they might not be as low-pitched as rammstein, but there's not mistaking hansi for any of those finnish gothic mourners (offence meant :) )

rahvin.

Hmm, so their lyrics are in german? or does the guy just have a german accent. Not quite sure by what you mean by 'the vocals are german'.

and can you go wrong with lyrics like:

"Im Kid Rock, and I mix it with the HIP-HOP, get ya higher than a TREE-TOP!"

FUCK I love this song *shoots himself*

Final_Vision: Dead at home with MTV on in the backround cuz daytime TV sucks..........

@F_V... Hehehe! He ment that he don´t think that Hansi (that is the singer of Blind Guardian) sounds like the other singers from Germany: highpitched screaming/singing, like Michael Kiske, or even Kai Hansen...:) Thats is ordinary german power metal singers..:)

ahh,I haven't listened to Blind Guardian for ages... :rolleyes:
but i still respect them...they are actually one of the few power metal bands that ever attracted my attention....
They are indeed power metal but hmm not very typical german ...btw as for their first releases "Batalions..." and " ??? -i\ve forgot the title-I hate this album anyway,the second one i mean,yes this very mediocre....Follow the Blind,that's it..." i would label them as speed metal...
hehe and although FV seems to have an awful taste :p,I agree with him about Rhapsody...hehe
*tries to keep her mouth shut,before all her oh so lovely and positive comments about Rhapsody and Luca Turilli flow out*
:devil: ah,Rhapsody suck big time.....dozens of keyboards(yeah,the classical influences),a lame guitar and some drums in the very very distance....very power metal....

:rolleyes:

well and if you ever see them live, then you will never be able to stop laughing when seeing somebody with a Rhapsody t-shirt on!
Even amateurs do better!!!
and what the....Final_Vision is alright, what are you trying to say huh??? I'm not the one with the bad taste, or may I remind who actually likes Archetype???????? ;)

i am waiting for the live from "In The Woods..." Hopefully i won't have much to wait (it should be out in january :p)

i am also waiting for the new albums from The Gathering, Dark Tranquillity, Vintersorg and Opeth (especially the mellow)

@Mel: Batallions of Fear, impossible to compare with Nightfall in Middle Earth in all aspects.

@Everybody: I like the two first albums by Rhapsody, I hate live shows by Rhapsody, I like many power metal bands, I hate many power metal bands... All depends on the band we're talking about, and not the style they play at all. In the 80's there are a lot of bands in America that followed the "glam" style, and only the great ones survived. In early 90's there are million of bands that followed Nirvana in their style, and only Nirvana, Soundgarden and a few bands survived (nor their members). And so on. (Btw: I don't like Glam so much, I hate Nirvana).

:D I wasn't trying to offend anyone's taste....but hehe this Rhapsody band has caused me a lot of traumas.... so i am forgiven for being bitter :devil:
as for the Archetype thingy....It is interesting to listen... some kind of experiment let's say...(/me hasn't listened to Archetype for about a month :rolleyes: ) now,crucify me! :D At least i am not listening to any Dream Theater :devil:

ah,i'm also waiting for the ITW... (NEVER forget the dots!!!) live
:D

Dream Theater is chupi. But hey! There is a band from Italy really amazing! Incredible! EMPTY TREMOR!!! I love "Eros And Thanatos" album, actually cool! :)

A LABYRINTH FAN! I DID NOT KNOW THEY EXISTED! Hehe, I love Return to Heaven Denied, great guitar work.

@mel I hate rhapsody, i was aimed more at your implication of power metal ;)

ucccch,Labyrinth...Thank you for reminding me of their existence,my holidays are now completely ruined :p :cry:
Anyone interested in a Symmetry CD? hehe
:D

oh,well...i have a probelm with power metal..it doesn't sound powerful at all to my poor ears... :rolleyes:

~Mel~(who is hated for her weird taste....hehe)

well following some words atlantis (where are you??) said to rahvin "nobody's perfect!" ;)
Lately I just can stand few power bands, and I really rarely hear some, but i.e. Keepers Of The 7 Keys will always make me feel something special :)

@f_v Roberto Tiranti is one of the best singers I've seen live in my whole life. That man really knows how to sing!!!!!