Most beautiful song ever?

mikek

New Metal Member
Sep 10, 2003
www.michaelkornum.com
Hi all! I was just sitting here with my stupid headphones listening to The Ultimate gift, and it kinda hit me!, I think this is the most beautiful song I've ever heard! Anyway, I hope you guys (enchant) will visit denmark at some point, even though it doesn't look like from your touring scheduale, but my god! :) I can't wait! All the best from me!

Michael Kornum

Copenhagen/Denmark

Ultimate Gift is great...Enchant, particularly Doug & Ted, pour their soul into the song, preventing it from sounding unbearably sentimental and turning into a powerful hymn of devotion. And the ending sent chills down my spine the first time I heard it...talk about bringing things full circle.

I used that song, among others, on a CD I made my wife for our 13 anniversary. She loved the CD. I was on massive overtime and it's all I had time to do.

She said is was the best gift I could give her.

Yes, I too was deeply touched by the well-crafted music and words of this beautiful song. Something rather unusual happened to me the day I heard that song the first time...I also remember hitting the replay button over and over...the amount of emotion this song creates is exceeded only by the amount put into it by the band, especially Doug and Ted.

Of all time?? Shit that's hard...

I'd say Afraid Of Sunlight by Marillion...this song just gets me so deeply and it's got to be my favorite song ever.

From Enchant I'd go with Catharsis(that middle section with the call and answer guitar is Enchant's greatest moment ever), Colors Fade, and Comatose. Three incredible songs with some parts that just make me speechless...truly brilliant song.

It is in my top ten for that catagory! Michael! maybe my fav too?

And if you have met yours you will really thing so!

Hey I think you may have to take a boat over to Hamburg cause we won,t be in Denmark, althouh I am not sure why not? I just play the bass? thanks for this post though! good one! Demonspell you nailed it! Doug and Ted make it happen! I was floored when he first played it for me! I hope we will play it live someday as well! I really do!

Frank that awesome! That was the best gift! from the heart my friend!

Bottom line that one is pure emotion?

Ooh, tough question.

Pink Floyd should probably get about a dozen points on this subject. I've always found the guitar work in "Dogs" to be jaw dropping to name one out of many.

Tears For Fears has a song called "Sketches of Pain" which works with some great accoustic guitar layering that I absolutely love as well.

The Flower Kings have a song on their Space Revolver cd called "Rumble Fish Twist". There's two sections to this song, the first is a peppy goofy bit, and the second is a sort of moody and dark yet beautiful piece.

A few other random choices: "Something" by the Beatles, "Lay it Down" by Spock's Beard, "Telegraph Road" by Dire Straits, "Back to Good" by Matchbox20, "Man on the Corner" by Genesis, "Wait for Sleep" by Dream Theater, and yes..."My Everafter" by Enchant. =)

I'm not including the "George Winston" style music, although there's a lot of stuff out there I really, really love...when I'm in the mood for it.

From my first listen to BLINK, I knew "Ultimate Gift" was going to be a favorite, and for the same reasons "Acquaintance" really grabbed me from my first exposure to Enchant. They have a talent for weaving intricate melodies & rhythms into truly and deeply compelling compositions, and *then* going further to firmly plant the unswallowable lump in your throat.. From the heavy to the sentimental.. Great band..

For me Ultimate Gift is one of the songs from Blink I usually skip. Isn't that strange? Perhaps it's because I'm not in a relationship, so the lyrics don't appeal to me.
My favourites are Seeds of Hate, Monday, Follow the Sun and Under Fire. Blink of an Eye is my favourite album.

Other songs that could be Most Beautiful song ever are:
Pure (from Wounded)
What to Say (from Juggling)
My Enemy (from Break)
Sinking Sand (from TOW, these lyrics are very touching, considering the information in the liner notes.)

Actually, for me, Ultimate Gift isn't the favourite song from Blink either. Sometimes, it really touches my soul, but sometimes I really don't get it... I'm not in relationship too, so maybe that's the reason...:)

Most beautiful songs ever would be Out of This World by Marillion, Carie by Spock's Beard (remembers me of someone special) and What to Say...

Most beautiful songs... so the tear-in-eye-from-beauty songs?

As with all favourites, this depends on my mood and time of day / week / month / year. Overall favourites in no particular order:

Nektar - It's All Over Now and You're Alone
Netherworld - Cumulo Nimbus, Isle Of Man, and A Matter Of Time
Enchant - Catharsis
Neuschwanstein - Midsummer Day
Twelfth Night - The Collector
Pallas - Who's To Blame, Ghosts

Jerry

Another (non-Enchant) one for me is Mark Wood's Requiem....his wife Laura handles the vocals beautifully and it is as if she creates another language. This song is stunningly gorgeous...I have always wondered why it was titled "Requiem". :)

Another from Enchant, of course, is "Pure" ---- pure simplicity, pure beauty, pure heaven....that is an amazing song!

Well actually the choice is hard…*

I think my all time fav for the most beautiful song award goes to
Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever…*Each time I hear this one it gives me a god***n chill in the spine and makes me also shed a tear.

Right after I'd name Comatose from you know who, "Runaway" - the Corrs
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb, Mike Oldfeld - Moonlight Shadow, Marillion - Afraid Of Sunlight although it's a tie with "Beautiful"

and countless others of course

I should have mentioned Marillion too. Songs like "Space...", "Easter", "Afraid Of Sunlight" and "Beautiful" are ..... er, beautiful.
But then I could also mention "Wuthering Heights", "Cloudbusting" and "Oh England My Lionheart" by Kate Bush. :)

I'm not sure what the most beautiful song ever is... but Enchant certainly knows how to right a beautiful song... and they possibly have more beautiful songs than any other band... that's definately one of the main qualities in Enchant's music... beauty....

"The Ultimate Gift" is indeed quite beautiful and powerful. "It's the first breath of a baby"