Most beautiful song ever?

Anathema - Temporary Peace
Rush - The Pass
Johnny Cash - I See The Darkness
Marillion - Warm Wet Circles
Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

Excellent choices concerning "Temporary Peace", "The Pass" and "Silent Lucidity"... I've been listening to "Presto" nonstop lately... "Silent Lucidity" is a magical song... and "Temporary Peace" is the pure definition of beauty.

Speaking of "Presto".... what about "Available Light"? I always get shivers down my spine listening to that song. This was IMO Rush's last great album.

Ah yes, "Warm Wet Circles". What a song, what a lyricist, what a singer! The opening "trilogy" is one of the most incredible achievements in music. Steve Rothery's guitar is out-of-this-world.

I agree, Tangerine Dreamer... "Available Light" is possibly my favorite Rush song ever! "Presto" is an amazing album. And you're right... it is the last great Rush album... though there were a few great songs later on... like "Everyday Glory" from "Counterparts"!

VERY difficult...

I'll try...

Enchant:
The Thirst, Acquaintance, Pure, Broken Wave, Comatose

Queen:
Love Of My Life, Teo Torriatte, The Show Must Go On

Others:
She Still Loves Him & The Glutton Of Sympathy (Jellyfish ...a pity they split up...), Goodbye Blue Sky & High Hopes (Pink Floyd), Afraid Of Sunlight & Estonia (Marillion), I Don't Miss You (Vanden Plas)

...and many others...

OK, xelasarg! Some great choices there....of course all the Enchant, plus Love of My Life, The Glutton of Sympathy (love those Jellyfish and wish they were still together!!), Afraid of Sunlight (so many others agree too), and I Don't Miss You....

I thought of some others....

Iluvatar - "Eagle"
Edguy - "Another Time"
Peter Gabriel - "In Your Eyes"
Savatage - "All That I Bleed", "Desiree", and "Believe"
Royal Hunt - "Far Away"
Steve Vai - "Touching Tongues" and "For the Love of God"

Ahhh....memories....

ProgMetalFan said:
"Touching Tongues" is my favorite Steve Vai tune... Devin Townsend's vocals are amazing on that song
PMF...they certainly are! As amazing as Steve's playing is on that tune, if it weren't for Devin coming in at the end it wouldn't be the same - or as great....sometime you just don't need 'real' words, just a top-notch vocal performance!

Cheers!

And another one....LOL....

Liquid Tension Experiment - State of Grace. OK, yep, it is really just John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess, not the whole LTE crowd. But this song is incredibly beautiful!! Another one that caused me to stop the car and stare at the CD player!

Tell me I'm not the only one that happens to, LOL!

Cheers!