Most danceable Symphony X song?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
Symphony X isn't exactly the type of music one dances too.... but is there that one song that just makes you get up and dance? I always feel like dancing when I hear "Out of the Ashes"... especially the chorus... it has a very happy vibe to it that makes me feel like dancing

More prog fans need to learn how to dance. Myself, I can`t dance worth shit, but having spent two years in a mixed dancer/musician class at school, I`ve learned to appreciate it. Perhaps if they learned to dance, prog fans could appreciate some of the more rhythmically interesting music out there :D. As for danceable Symphony X songs, I think Egypt would be very cool, as would Absence of Light.

Benzine said:
The part of 'Inferno' where he sings 'the endless nights....' you can pretend you're riding a horse at that point because of the rhythm :) That is if you want to.

:lol: (I actually do that as well.. only I pretend it's a pegasus)

most danceable....i'd have to say MASQUERADE (the original version) specially the first part...listen to it...it's very fun, lol. altough i hate dancing!!!... maybe coz i never knew how to do it, but yet...this song makes my little niece dance...

I once played Wicked on a high school party and people actually danced in a hip hop & r'n'b way. They said they liked the song cuz it sounded kinda funky.
Ya better get down and boogie wit da X, yo.

I can't imagine myself dancing to SyX :eek: I can't really remember any dancy tunes on their catalog. Newer soilwork has some dancy tunes, pretty damn fun stuff :D

Egypt...

Every morning when I listen to V, and Egypt comes on, I just start going crazy with the moving around/headbanging/air guitar...

Benzine said:
Could you dance to 'The Odyssey' for 24 minutes? :D
That reminds me. I saw this show on BBC where these two guys were competing as to how many times they could jump (with guitars) to the Who's "My Generation" ... the 8 minute version that is :tickled: