----------------------------------------------
0000. 0000. 0000. 000000^6^0^6^0^6^0^6^0

:devil:

pwned

its amazing how such a simple riff (in terms of its structure) can be so damn kick ass.

Without a doubt, Walls of Babylon, Crushing riff after crushing riff!

Well played sir...well played.

I agree again; Walls of Babylon=heaviest song.

Domination is a clooooose second though. Then The Serpent's Kiss and King of Terrors are thrown in there as well.

"Down the plains, come hellriderrrrrrs!!!!"

MMMMmmm Bitch!!!

Agreed.

I play that Ab in one big trill with the D's. I was talking more about the staccato punch of those four rapid fire D's.

I've always been majorly impressed with Romeo's usage of legato in riffs on the lower strings. Very punctual, well defined, very even and it always just plain sounds fucking :headbang:

examples... the riff in Sirens (the oddysey), some riff parts in wicked, in evolution, in king of terrors. there are lots more examples too. And what about a certain riff from the end of Walls of Babylon (which is of course a major part of many of the riffs throughout)? how can you not :headbang: to that one?

Agreed.

I play that Ab in one big trill with the D's. I was talking more about the staccato punch of those four rapid fire D's.

The way I do it is I just fingerpick it like normal, but it has to be really articulate to get it sounding right. For the Ab, I just change it a bit. I slide my left hand up (I'm playing fretless) and then tap the Ab with my right hand and then tap my middle finger on the left hand just before. And then alternating for four quick taps.