Most expected this already.....

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
American/Norwegian melodic metallers KAMELOT will embark on their first North American tour in two years this fall. Support on the trek will come from LEAVES' EYES and BLACKGUARD.

KAMELOT's upcoming tour will finally bring the band to cities it never played before in its career, including Philadelphia and Milwaukee. As an added treat, KAMELOT will offer special VIP ticketing in select cities. These tickets will include:

* Meet-and-greet with the band
* Early entrance to venue 60 minutes prior to door
* VIP laminate
* Signed poster
* VIP t-shirt
* One special VIP item yet to be determined

Fans with VIP tickets will gain entrance one hour prior to door times and will be permitted to stay in the venue once the meet-and-greet is finished.

The dates are as follows:

Sept. 08 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues *
Sep. 11 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx *
Sep. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Sep. 15 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre *
Sep. 17 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium *
Sep. 18 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Sep. 19 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Sep. 21 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Sep. 22 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Sep. 24 - Chicago, IL @ Logan Square Auditorium
Sep. 25 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Ave
Sep. 27 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
Sep. 29 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Oct. 01 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues *
Oct. 02 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues

* VIP tickets available

Tickets go on sale today exclusively at EnterTheVault.com until February 27, at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems.

When I first read this list I was a little disappointed that they weren't playing a show in GA and then I quickly realized that in the time they would have been here playing a show they're going to be headlining Prog Power. The VIP tickets are rather nice though.

C'mon Bob....don't be a killjoy.:lol:

Let's consider that you're going to buy a shirt at the show....that's at least $20-30. Let's consider that you're a collector and uber fan...you'll get a signed poster plus a laminate not so easily attainable....probably worth another $20 or more on e-bay. Plus, now you will meet the band (which basically you can do at ProgPowerUSA as part of the ticket cost)....that's gotta be worth something, right? Plus, now you don't have to hang around for an hour or two before the doors open to get right up front (again...you're an uber fan).

All that for only $75 more. It's not like they're asking you to pay $1000 to meet Kiss or anything...:heh: Granted, you nor I might do it, but for those that will....so be it.

Sep. 17 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium *

I plan on being at ProgPower, but I'll probably see them here too if I get the chance.

Blackguard on another tour. Good for them, man, unlike a lot of the bands who seem to end up EVERYWHERE, they're pretty good. Cool guys too, totally deserve it.

Hmm, NYC is the Wednesday after ProgPower. Doable, but it'll all depend on whether I get any PP diseases, whether I'm caught up at work and who all's going. I have seen Kamelot, like 6-7 times, lost track, and I've seen LE more than I've liked. Maybe they will surprise me this time around - hope so - but still not sure I'll be up for the trek into the city. When it gets closer, I'll check to see whose going. The company is frequently the thing. :)

I gotta agree with Bob on the whole VIP thing. Usually what you get is, imo, no where near the value for what you pay. That said, this deal seems a little sweeter for the uber fan. A t-shirt, laminate and "other VIP item" are not normally included. Not only that, I've seen the early entrance AND meet and greet botched and fans missing out. Not only that, the meet and greets frequently are just a real quick trip through the signing line, with often no time allotted for photos. I liked the old days when the uber fans sweated (or froze) it out on long lines and were rewarded with the primo spots on the barrier. I never did it, but that was METAL! Oh well, all things change. Now it's the people with cash not balls that get the spots.

Leaves Eyes again???? C'mon let's mix this up a little!!

I'm willing to bet this has been set in stone for quite some time and that this is the reason Leaves Eyes will be at ProgPower. It should be no surprise.

Despite what some think, I'm really against these VIP things. For bands that are fairly underground, they charge too much for what you get, and from what I hear usually it's not a meet and greet as much as "Get shit signed and they leave sort of deal".

Despite what some think, I'm really against these VIP things. For bands that are fairly underground, they charge too much for what you get, and from what I hear usually it's not a meet and greet as much as "Get shit signed and they leave sort of deal".

Yep.

Personally, I hate all "buy your way to early entrance" deals, because I live for being up front at shows but am broke all the time. I can't afford to shell out an extra $30 for a signed poster and a guaranteed early entrance. Generally they're all super-overpriced as well. I was thrilled that Primal Fear didn't have this when they played NYC back in September, but they do this time around, unfortunately. I think I'm actually gonna shell out the cash though. The show last time was phenomenal and I almost need to be on the rail again, and you do get to meet them as well, so I'm up for it.
But yeah, I laughed my ass off in '07 when I saw Edguy. We had normal tickets but showed up super early and got to meet them all and talk for a while before the show, then the VIP people showed up, and we knew they had paid $25 more to "meet" them in a pressured, meet and greet situation.

Yep.

Personally, I hate all "buy your way to early entrance" deals, because I live for being up front at shows but am broke all the time. I can't afford to shell out an extra $30 for a signed poster and a guaranteed early entrance. Generally they're all super-overpriced as well. I was thrilled that Primal Fear didn't have this when they played NYC back in September, but they do this time around, unfortunately. I think I'm actually gonna shell out the cash though. The show last time was phenomenal and I almost need to be on the rail again, and you do get to meet them as well, so I'm up for it.
But yeah, I laughed my ass off in '07 when I saw Edguy. We had normal tickets but showed up super early and got to meet them all and talk for a while before the show, then the VIP people showed up, and we knew they had paid $25 more to "meet" them in a pressured, meet and greet situation.

Agreed. The only time I do like the pay more to get in early sort of deals is at HOB for pass the line, which is only like an additional 15 or so. Plus, anyone can choose to do this. I'm with you though. I'm also the type that likes to get there damn early to get to the rail and shit like this pisses me off.

Look, I would never in a zillion years pay for that VIP thing either.
Though,let's face it. Ticket sales and CD sales are at an all time low.
Its something to help touring bands raise some revenue.
While I don't care for it, I can understand why a promoter of a touring band would offer such a pacakge.
Just saying.

who ever pays the VIP thing for the Chicago show is literally a moron. The Logan Square doesnt even have a back stage so finding bands members isnt hard. Plus they have to walk through the crowd to get to the stage and even walk out the front door to get to their van / bus. So if you are looking for a photo op or an autograph....it is easily done here. The Logan Square is not a bad place actually. It has zero frills and no fancy stage stuff....but the sound isnt bad and you can see the stage perfect from anywhere.

Especially at Jaxx. Too bad I'll be down at PP USA when Kamelot will be playing at Jaxx this time around :(

Right... because no one EVER gets to meet the bands at ProgPower, right? :p

Look, I would never in a zillion years pay for that VIP thing either.
Though,let's face it. Ticket sales and CD sales are at an all time low.
Its something to help touring bands raise some revenue.
While I don't care for it, I can understand why a promoter of a touring band would offer such a pacakge.
Just saying.

Precisely. The bands SHOULD sell whatever the fans are willing to pay for. Don't want it? Don't buy it.