Most Inappropriate/Out of Place thing seen at a metal gig

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
What is the weirdest shit you've ever seen at a concert? I'm curious to hear some titilating responses! Last night at IE I witnessed metal blasphemy!
Some dude had blue hair, dreadlocks, and an Insane Clown Posse shirt on! Oh the travesty! That was about as wrong and inappropriate as having sex with guardian of darkness pimple faced sister! Just kidding Gardy! You know I love ye :)

On the last Iron Maiden tour, I saw a HELL of a lot of former hot-assed metal babes who were about 50 pounds heavier and 15 years older...not a problem, except that they were still wearing skin-tight spandex, bullet-belts and ripped t-shirts that showed WAY too much....

I'm glad I didn't eat before the show...

That's not even that bad...

On the Jagermeister tour with Arch Enemy, Hatebreed and Slayer, my wife and I were lucky enough to get some VIP passes from a friend who works in marketing for Jagermeister. We hung out downstairs in the lounge before the show, eating from the buffet next to Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman which was very cool. After the show, they did a meet and greet with autographs and shit...so we're standing there talking to all the band members, and there's this one guy there who won some contest on a local radio station...he's obviously drunk, and he's talking REALLY loud about how fucked up it is that they weren't providing any beer and shit for those of us who were backstage, no more food was left for him to eat, why did we have to wait so long for the bands to come out, he should have been given the guitar he won in the contest first so he could get it signed by the band...everyone was just kind of staying away from him and shit...just really rude and fucking low-class on his part - drunk or not.
Regardless...everyone pretty much ignored him and we got some great pictures with Slayer and a lot of signed stuff...so it turned out alright.

HAHA, I remember when I went to see My Dying Bride and this guy was trying to convert people in the cue and "bring them away from the darkness".

Oh and he came up with stupid little rhymes like 'Open up, don't let the light fail, then you won't need Nine Inch Nails'. We were in hysterics.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
None of the members of Slayer said anything to this belligerant drunkard?

Nah...they were visibly disgusted, but they seemed more interested in meeting the fans...although Kerry King looked like he wanted to slap the shit out of him...I'm sure they've seen worse over the years...

5thSeason said:
here in philly there is a guy who ALWAYS wears a bright, neon orange pimp suit to every metal show.

:tickled: That one wins.

For me it was at an In Flames show- this chick in the mosh pit is wearing a tank top. She raised her arms and threw up the horns while she was head banging and she had at least as much hair in each pit as most toddlers have on their head. I don't even have that much pit hair. It might not be that weird, but it was gross.

Another one was at a mudvayne show a few years ago(yeah, yeah- I know) and it was seated anyway, so I got a cheaper balcony seat- and people start fucking crowd surfing on the balcony! That was probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

I was at an Oz show back some time ago, and there was this 400ish poundish lady that was about 4'10'' with some weird ass glow in the dark chewing gum making out with this navy guy, they both were obviously plastered. No one in their sober mind would touch that beast with a 10-foot pole. They went at it for a good 30 minutes, plus her hot pants had been engulfed by her gigantic ASS.