most memorable total war campaign

snow_like_ash

doooooooom meeeetaaaaalll
May 14, 2003
Hamden, CT USA
Visit site
what was your most fun or most memorable TW campaign?

I was playing as the High period spanish, and conquered most of the map (including Italy!) using nothing but crusades. In the end it was the Germans, Denmark, and the Papacy, so I lined up all my biggest armies, lowered all taxes to very low, and just fell upon all remaining enemies till I won.

A buddy of mine faught against the resurgentpope in a 3 1/2 hour battle. :p The reinforcements just kept pouring over the hill, until it was all peasants and spearmen beating at each other till my friend finally won. It was EPIC.

Well, my favorite moments was playing with either the French, the English, or Russia. When I played the English, I managed to have revolts that were led by Robin of Locksley (Robin Hood) and William Wallyce (William Wallace). I crushed Robin Hood's forces easily (they consisted mostly of Sherwood Foresters), but William Wallace was a 6 star general to start off with I think. I took back Scotland in 3 or 4 battles, but it was magnificant.

When I was the French it was crusade city and I played all the way from 1095 A.D to the end of the game in 1453 A.D. I took over Byzantine and all the territory surrounding. I took over controll of the Balkens, and managed to successfully repel the Mongol onslaught. I didn't try to win the game, because I wanted to have somone challenge me from start to end. The last half of the Campaign, I was fighting in Northern Africa and the Middle East. I was facing mostly the Egyptians and the Almohads. I was allied with the Pope most of the way through, until they were conquered and I had to go rescue Italy from those damn Sicilians.

I had lot's of fun fighting around the Prussia area a bunch of times when I was the Russians. I had a few cool battles with the Mongols.

But my personal favorite battle was the Pope's forces against mine. Well, I had occupied the Papal States and Rome for more than a hundred years prior to the battle. I easily crushed each and every Pope's forces that tried to rise up against me. I had gathered an army of 44,000+ and they were stationed in Central Italy. It cost a bitch load of cash for the upkeep, but they were mostly veteren soldiers. Anyways, the Pope finally faced me with an army of 21,000+ soldiers. It actually took me most of the day to finish the battle. I think the timer was originally set at 450 minutes. I finished towards the very end with less than one tenth of the timer remaining. I killed 11,500 men while capturing over 4,000 troops. About 7,000 of my men were killed in action while only less than 400 were captured.