Most overated band / album?

Lordlucid said:
lol, I guess I must be retarted! I like the scorpions as well!

I remember that happening at that fucking show! I swear I didn't boo though, because I have always loved the fucking Scorpions (despite "Winds of Change"). Love Drive is in my top 10 albums of all time.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
First off Deliverance kicks fucking ass. Stop comparing an album to a bands previous albums and start evaluating it for what it is. Damn, fuck, shit, fart, slurp! Give opeth a fucking break. What are they their own worst enemy? Fans forcing opeth to compete against themselves. To compete against their old material to recieve adjulation from you heathans? Stop fucking bitching and start enjoying the beauty which is opeth. This board is fool of arseholians. Mikael Akerfeldt puts his heart and his soul into his songs only to have pre pubescent pimple popping pea brains bash it at every angle. You don't like the album? Stfu about it. Do we need to hear you bitch about it in 25+ threads? Lordherpes seek a clinic, then seek some help. You're evidently brain dead. How can a person not like songs the caliber of deliverance and By the pain i see in others? Probably a person who is taking his teenage sexual frustration out on a message board. Your the equivalent of a typewriting terrorist. Did it ever cross your mind that there are people on this board that actually enjoy the album? We dont need Urkel's like you to rain on our parade. What's wrong with being a hardcore fan? You have to only appreciate a band half ass nowadays to be respected in the metal community? Is that it? If you become die hard and revolve most of your music listening and attention to one band you get flamed. What a sorry state this board has been lowered to. The only thing depreciating about Opeth is their fan base. And Lordhippo is prime example. Put down the fucking whopper and run around the block you fat fuck. I hope you succumb to the blistering herpes that infect you and die. You don't deserve to breathe, let alone type in the same presence as me and all my fellow opethians. Cry me a fucking river and then tie an anchor to your leg and jump in you sorry son of a bitch. Die a 1,000 deaths and get sodomized by stalin! In closing...Why don't you do what is says on my signature pic and "Fuck Off"!
Fucken hell mate... give it a rest. Perhaps your a little angsty about everything you just explained (fat fuck, sexual frustration, whopper, etc) but that doesnt mean that Hypnos isnt entitled to his opinion.
If you spend a few months listening to a few more obscure underground bands, you'd find that there are a lot of bands out there who are currently playing much more original metal than Opeth. For originality, the first 2 Opeth albums take trophy hands down. But when listening to Deliverance and Damnation, it becomes pretty obvious that its all been done before.

linkin park, beatles, kid rock, limp bizkit (before getting booed off stage haha) and all of that emo shit...that just makes me mad.

i hate people who force themselves to like st anger because they're so blindly loyal to what metallica used to be.

and i also hate that song Headstrong...whoever wrote/listens to that should be devoured by locusts

Caelum Adustum said:
Fucking dumb crowds man..

Anyway, everyone and their mother seems at my school seems to like the following:

Tom Petty
Phish
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews Band

Where do you go to school, 1985?

I haven't read any other posts but I think Dream Theatre are fully overrated. Also Tool is a way overrated band as well.
Radiohead for sure and Porcupine Tree of which I know there are lots of fans in this forum.
Too many to name so I shall stop here.

Warning warning.
Serious fanboy alert. Don't take it so personal Allwithinmymonster. There is more in life than Opeth even if they are a really top band.
Lighten up mate.
Shroudofdusk your post makes alot more sense than that teen angst one you replied to.
Anyway Allwithinmymonster if you do read this post what you say in your post about typical fanbase, well you are more than a prime example. If I offend you and you start ranting on again I am truly sorry but it had to be said.

NGC 3370 said:
I haven't read any other posts but I think Dream Theatre are fully overrated.

Theater. TheaTER. Dream TheaTER.

They are, though. From a completely musical standpoint they might not be, but when you look at their music as songs, then they are.

Winterfall said:
I won't be a dick and say you suck or anything, because thats rediculous- but I'm just wondering... why do you say this about Vintersorg? I think he (them) deserves any praise they get for being so damn unique... I didn't think so many people were going nuts of Vintersorg in the first place, but just whats your opinion?

(Vintersorg is my favorite band)
Nothing against them (him) personaly. Just heard a LOT of great things and when I checked them out... I wasnt very impressed. Thats all.

Sorry fourth horseman buit we are not in english class and if we were it would be spelt Theatre

Sorry I forgot that the people in USA spell it a different way so you are forgiven for correcting me. :wave:

For all of you who think Radiohead is over-rated.

The first few times that I listened to Radiohead, I just didn't get it... I also thought that they were over-rated, ALOT in fact. After a few spins of Amnesiac I fell in love with the band. They are SOOOOOO fucking waaaaaaaay ahead of their time and everyone is trying to catch up to them.

I can understand if you don't like them because of their style or whatnot, but you just can't say that a band is over-rated because you don't like them.

Over-rated Bands: Soundgarden, APC, Staind, Disturbed, every Socal punk rock band (except Green day), Pearl Jam....

segaszivos said:
I can understand if you don't like them because of their style or whatnot, but you just can't say that a band is over-rated because you don't like them.
the best

i think that the new bands coming (they may call The Vines, The Strokes, Kings Of Lion or whatever) are a lot overrated... i can't see their prodigious things in there... it's just a bunch of old rock reinvented with the digital era...

First off, we will start by saying that all music today in Americans pop culture, is overrated... Examples would be "AFI" and shit like that, you know what im talking about, this category includes nirvana, because kurt cobain wasnt good at anything, yet people worship him... i dont get it.

I happen to like this thread because im laughing at what some of you have to say. Calling John Petrucci overrated is funny to me. And by the way, its Dream "Theater". They are very good in my opinion, and you guys seem to like Yngwie Malmsteen so much. I think he is way overrated... he isnt that good. Ya he can play shit fast, whoopdie dooo. Doesnt mean anything when it doesnt sound good, I'll give him some credit because I like many of his songs, but they are horribly produced. But anyway, I recomend listening to some "Liquid Tension Experiment" with petrucci.

And as for the guy calling Damnation and Deliverence overrated.. wtf are you talking about? I guess im the only person who listens to opeth for their artistic abilities. Ya its death metal, but they are the only death metal i really like. I hate screaming vocals... yet with opeth i love them. they also have the most innovative bass and drums out of any death metal band... listen to bands like children of bodom, who i like, but their drums are so ... plain... no fills really.. but anyway im gonna shut up.

ill finish by saying that, its not the bands fault they are overrated, I dont really hate any band, because if they are making the music because they like it, and not because they think it fits their "image" then im fine with it... its the fans that make them look bad!