Most overated band / album?

Malmsteen ---> Petrucci

Rising Force ----> Dream Theater

IMHO

More atmosphere in Malmsteen....more emotional.

Petrucci = fretboard masturbation

Malmsteen = fretboard intercourse

intercourse ---> masturbation

Therefore, Malmsteen ---> Petrucci

(if you accept my premises to be true; being a subjectivity thread, this is unlikely)

hahahaha

Fuck I'm bored. I'll do anything to get out of doing uni work.

:)

I think dream theatre are overated. Especially considering the amount of fan's I wouldn't be surprised put some headphones on and masturbate whilst listening to them.

well, you know, you gotta use what works!!!
i have personally been prevented from orgasm because a fucking paul mccartney song came on... now that guy knows how to kill my buzzzzzzz
ha

who was the guy that called decapitated overrated? it's not a secret that they are one of the most prime death metal acts in the world right now.

Who overrates Dream Theater? I'm a fan of their work, but I don't think they are a "great" band by any means, they are great at some things and not so great at others.. Just about every band is like that. I can't agree with Malmsteen being better than Dream Theater though, his music is much more "boring" to me than most Dream Theater stuff. Anyone who calls a player like Petrucci "emotionless" is just looking for an excuse to bash the guy. I don't know how you gauge emotion in music, does it mean the guitarist does alot of bends or something? I always felt that Another Day and A Change of Seasons were pretty "emotional". If you don't enjoy their stuff because it meanders and they have too much needless self indulgent playing in some songs, that is a valid complaint, but don't give me the bullshit "no emotion."

Silver Surfer

Ugly20.jpg

Is "Orchid rules and Deliverance sucks" the new cool thing to say on this site ? Does liking Opeth's less accomplished record by far make you a more original and free thinking fan ?

Dream Theater is underrated. Their level of musicianship is out of this world and Scenes from a Memory is one of the greatest prog albums of all-time.

KielbasaSausage said:
hmm, that pic wasnt originally directed at you...
but id say that picture better fits your "sentinel of the spaceways" title... geek. go make more posts in the pop culture forum.

I enjoy a comic book series so I'm a geek? The three years of playing power forward/center on my high school basketball team, or the fact that I write for a few NBA draft websites would really make that comment invalid. You probably think sports are "gay" or something though..

Later

Noone really cares about your "accomplishments;" accusing people of being nerdy because of their postcount is ridiculous, and my previous attack was in good fun. also, pointing out my large postcount and admitting to writing for an online website is very hypocritical.

i would also like to say that being part of a high school basketball team is nothing special - we've all been in school sports, especially in high school, and it definately doesnt award you any respect (which everyone saves for REAL sports). I also dont think sports are "gay" (although it seems you have something against the gay community, otherwise you wouldnt think it an insult).