MOst under rated musicians

Apr 3, 2005
IL
Yeah on vocals I'd have to say.....Ozzy(the guys good but he is voer rated)
Bass=Cliff Burton(awesome but we didnt really hear that much of him and people say he is the best and dissagree)
Lead=Zakk Wylde(i dont have to explain)
Drums=Lars

Any dissagrees?
Oppinions?

Metalthrasher:headbang:

If we're talking under-rated, my vote has to be for guitarist Dave Uhrich. Helluva nice guy - took lessons from him - and really should be mentioned in the same breath as a guitarist like Joe Satriani, but despite three smaller-label albums, he never got the spotlight he should have.

MTM, I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you on Cliff Burton being over-rated. It's rare that I've seen anyone be able to play a bass like it was a lead instrument - Les Claypool is another one who can do that, but he sometimes goes off into some weird tangents. Cliff really could make the bass sing - check out his bass solo on "Cliff 'Em All" - his second gig with Metallica. That performance still makes my jaw drop.

over rated or under rated ?
over rated is by far dave mathews the guys a good player but that music gives me a headache, and every where i go to see acoustic music i get stuck watching some half assed clone.
under rated i go with cliff/phil/ and malcom from ac/dc. they are so over shadowed by angus and bon/brian but they are the whole back bone to ac/dc. not doing anything over the top but just the foundation of a kick ass rock band.

Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Ty Tabor (King´s X)
Gene Hoglan (Strapping Young Lad, Dark Angel)
Justin Broadrick (Godflesh)
Chris Reifert (Autopsy)
Ken Owen (Carcass)
Patrik Jensen (The Haunted)
Dag Swanö (Nightingale)
Billy Gould (Faith No More)

Jason Newsted is rediculously underated in my opinion. Sure he never did much in the studio but check out his live shit (when he could actually play without rin and stimpy callin the shots), or infact his Flotsam stuff. As a performer he was second to none (except maybe Mr. Bello.....) Anyway, i reckon the remaining metallica guys miss him allot these days when it comes to the live shows :err:

If you really want to say over-rated, I don't agree with Zakk and Cliff.
I'd say Marilyn Manson and his bunch.

Ahfurfuksek! said:
Jason Newsted is rediculously underated in my opinion. Sure he never did much in the studio but check out his live shit (when he could actually play without rin and stimpy callin the shots), or infact his Flotsam stuff. As a performer he was second to none (except maybe Mr. Bello.....) Anyway, i reckon the remaining metallica guys miss him allot these days when it comes to the live shows :err:

couldnt agree more. he wrote the whole first flotasm album and it is one of my all time fav thrash albums. His playing is amazing

Overreated: Lars Ulrich (when I was a kid I though he was great....when I was a kid).

Slipknot: come on!!!! well, the guy on drums is pretty
damn good.

Don`t jump on me for what I`m about to say!! But I think, in my humble opinion, that Kerry and Jeff from Slayer are very overrated; I almost can stand them, and the solos...agggg, well I like 3 of their albums, but oonce again, the solos are just awful.

Under rated: Lee Althus: Oh yeah!! An awesome guitar payer.
Intruder: OK, they are not ther best band in the world, but they did good stuff. (for those who don`t know them go and download some music off their site www. intruder.biz; specially Psycho servant!).

more in my head, but it`s enough.

over rated;

Lars times a billion. I wish he would get cancer. In the ass.

pretty much every band to emerge from 1995 to present with few exceptions.

under rated;

Cliff is WAY under rated. he would have been the BEST hands down. And he only needs four strings where others have had to branch off to be creative.

Rich Christy. Probably one of the best drummers ever to live ever in history ever.

Charlie. He is at the technical level or Portnoy and Peart, but he gets no love like those guys do. Plus he is faster then both of them put together. It is very rare that you find someone who can play as fast as him, and can also play as slow and heartfilled as him. Usually the two styles are not found in one person.

John Myung. Another amazing bass player. I think people don't give him the props he deserves because the guy NEVER SPEAKS. Anyway, probably one of the greatest bassist, living or dead.

Derek Roddey. Again - AMAZING drummer that few have heard of. He has the most control I have ever seen on the drums.

Michale Anthony. Sadly, the first song from the first record killed this guys credability. Anthony is an amazing bass player and a keystone in Van Halen, yet everyone thinks he just thumps along. <-- This guy is a force. And if you can't respect his playing, respect the fact that he was able to put up with and stay on the good side of the Van Halen Bros for many, many years.

Exodus. As a band they are way under rated. When I saw them with Megadeth last year, Dave went off about how the big 4 was really the big 5. Everyone seemed to have left out Exodus. They blew Metallica away every time and nobody ever listened. Props to Gary for keeping the Machine going even after all the bullshit.

I also think Slash is a kind of overrated guitarist. But I know of a whole lots of guys who would kill me because of this.

dutchy said:
over/under it's all bullshit to me. Just fanboy talk!!!
btw : I think there no sane person in the world who will call Lars a good drummer!!!
Not anymore, definitely! Jesus, it's fucking embarrassing. Compare Lars and others of his age, like Charlie and Lombardo, and it's even more embarrassing. Lars is clearly not into playing drums anymore.

I do think Justice has good drumming, and the black album and Load (don't bother flaming me so fuck everybody in advance). I can't believe he's the same guy who played on those records (I think stories of him not playing Dyer's Eve are myths).