Good one!

Here are my personal favorite jems:
Sugartooth-Sugartooth;
Iced Earth - Night Of The Stormrider,
The Dark Saga,
Something Wicked This Way Comes.

The Dark Saga,
Something Wicked This Way Comes.

I've never heard of this, but any band that has a band name and album liek that deserves a listen. I definitely will get this one. I'm imagining a Jedi Metal Band with Yoda as the singer.

Ok you guys, some of these aren't underated. Such as Black Crowes Shake Your Money Maker was an enormous hit. This is abotu albums that are not acknowledged.

Again we hit this problem of location.

The black crowes were not really recognised in the UK until they released Remedy of their 2nd album. OK everyone heard of the cover Hard to handle but not many people went out and bought the album.

In the US shake your money maker sold 3 million copies and went 5X platinum (whatever that means????)

Southern Harmony etc sold only 2 million in the US but was a bigger hit in the UK iirc.

For comparison between the UK and the US.
Another band that never made it big in the UK until After 1994 were the Red hot chili peppers.

Red Hot Chili Fuckers should only be listened to for Mothers Milk and before. Aftr that its pretty much commercial crap!

Try Abbey Road, Freaky Styley and Mother's Milk.

Really WASP? Weren't they like RATT?

Not at all. Many albums, with many great songs. But Crimson Idol is one of the top of any group I've heard. Lyrically and musically the writing and production were top end. The story in it is great and flows from song to song, and I could go on and on. Just give the album a listen if you can borrow it from a friend.

Then again, I've always felt that WASP and Blackie were very underrated.

Another Underrated band-set of albums were, IMO, a lot of Metal Churchs work.

Yea, that one for sure. I still play that "Album!" Def Leppards first On Through the Night is another classic that I don't think got to much airplay and I still find myself playing that Album. A few more not mentioned are Accept's "Russian Roulette", Metal Church's "The Dark", and Krokus's "Head Hunter." I loved that song Stayed Awake All Night, especially when I was studying all night long back when I was in college. I still have ALL those on vinyl records and still play them. Good ol'e hiss noise. Ahhhh...

I still have ALL those on vinyl records and still play them. Good ol'e hiss noise. Ahhhh...
I still have all my vinyl + a bunch that people have given me over the years. Just this weekend I finally went out and replaced my stereo & record player. Found a used Sony CD/cassette/radio system with separate record player for $20:
Stereo.jpg

Listened to Maiden Japan and Saxon's Crusader for the first time in a few years. :kickass:

I think society began to decline at the same time records became obsolete? Coincidence? Don't think so.

Vinyl was the best!

Does anyone have a Record(Vinyl) to cd machine? I seen them on the duty free catalog on the airplane the other day - COOL! One did Record to CD, one Record to ipod, and the last did Record to both. Can someone recommend a brand and tell me if they work decent? Way cheaper than buying new cds. I want one (record to CD only)! Super sound quality is not too important to me as I download and play most of my music through an Xbox and 14" TV stereo speakers!

Got my record to CD recorder thingy and it is great! Had a blast listening to some of my old favorites and stinkers from the past.

Some other hidden gems I found were :
Riot - Fire Down Under
UFO - Strangers in the Night Probably one of the best albums EVER!
Blue Murder - Self titled - Great stuff!! John Sykes is underated for sure and the bass player, Porcarro something or other?, my apologies to bass players everywhere, is amazing! Why there aren't more fretless bass players in rock n' roll is beyond me. The song "Sex Child" is an obvious snub at Whitesnake and just a great song! "Jelly Roll" brings back good memories.

Gotta agree with that one Jeremy. All their albums are underrated.

A few more that I thought of...

Metallica - Load :rolleyes:
Megadeth - Risk (both of those would have been acceptable records by any other bands) :rolleyes:
ASAP - Silver & Gold
Psycho Motel - State Of Mind and Welcome To The World
Machine Head - The Burning Red and Supercharger :rolleyes:
Def Leppard - X :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bon Jovi - Bounce :rolleyes:
Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds
Loaded - Dark Days

:oops:

Down - Nola
Pantera - Reinventing the Steel
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Helmet - Betty