Most wrist-slashingly emotive ballads

Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' is probably my favourite ballad. Other good'uns:

Alice in Chains - Am I Inside?
Alice in Chains - Don't Follow
Black Sabbath - Changes
Megadeth - Promises

That's all I can think of right now, no doubt there are heaps more though!

Hahaha Tim... Cinderella are definitely a band with a misleading image I reckon. They look like pop/keyboard glam or something... but they actually rock hard! Night Songs is so good! Hehe.

just thought of more:

not really a ballad but Weeds by Life of agony always gets me

also Gently Sentimental-LOA
and Tangerine-LOA
My mind is dangerous-LOA

as you can see i find LOA pretty depressing..but still i like their music, go figure:lol:

'Life Is Black' from the forthcoming DUNGEON album. :)

... not really a 'smiley'. :cry:

And, as LT says, George Lynch's solo in Alone Again is pretty damn emotional, as is Dave Gilmour's solo at the end of Comfortably Numb.

Originally posted by duellist
Everybody hase forgotten the ultimate Ballad.

When I see you smile-Bad English

I can face the world! AHhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh You know I can do anything durn durn

:headbang: I LOVE that song :D

Originally posted by The Trooper
Hahaha have you heard Sonata Arctica's cover of Wind Beneath My Wings???? I don't like that band but the cover is cool!

YOU'RE KIDDING! Gay, no-nuts (un)power metal bands now have a new king! (queen?)

I'm just waiting for a cover of YMCA or a Bronski Beat cover from yet another one of these Euro wuss band clones! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lord Tim

YOU'RE KIDDING! Gay, no-nuts (un)power metal bands now have a new king! (queen?)

I'm just waiting for a cover of YMCA or a Bronski Beat cover from yet another one of these Euro wuss band clones! :rolleyes:

Hey, I like Sonata Artica :(

You've just lost a fan, Timmy, unless you can make up for it with a pithy comment or two. Of course, a personal thank-you in the notes of Dungeon's next album will always help as well :)

Cooool. Get your people to call my people to give them their contact details so that my people can then call your people to discuss said inclusion.

Actually, seeing as we've decided that I'll get a personal thankyou on the next album, we should figure out exactly what I'll be thanked for. Maybe I can be mentioned as a technical advisor on the Tasslehoff Burrfoot song that I'm still hoping is going to be on the album. Yeah.

People, you should really listen to Sonata Arctica - they're much better than your average castrati-like power metal bands. They don't sing about dragons or stuff like Rhapsody do, they sing about REAL issues... well, I've worked out that one song is about stalking, and they have a couple of nice songs about love turned bad, but they ROCK.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Warrant have some cool ballads... Heaven, Sometimes She Cries, I Saw Red :)

Ralphe: You hate I Remember You???? thats one of the best ballads!!!!!

I agree I'm not a fan of their 3rd album Subhuman Race, but get out Slave To The Grind... only *just* behind the first album in my book.... The Threat, Monkey Business, Slave To The Grind, Get The Fuck Out, Psycho Love, Mudkicker, Livin On A Chain Gang... it RULES!! And the 2 ballads Wasted Time and Quicksand Jesus *ARE* are the 2 greatest heavy metal ballads ever written!!!

Okay,i guess i don't really hate "i remember you" but the original point to the the thread was that i hate all METAL BALLADS.I really hate the fact that every metal band seems to need to play a ballad in order to prove that they can actually play music.Metal is so much better when bands play what they believe in(and not just what might sell them them a few more records!!!!!!)

by the way, i don't actually have slave to the grind but i do have subhuman race.....i'm not quite sure how that happened.....maybe i got 'subhuman race' and thought it was pretty average so didn't but the 2nd CD.....but that doesn't make any sense as i absolutely love the 1st CD so i can't understand why i didn't buy the 2nd CD but got the 3rd CD