Most wrist-slashingly emotive ballads

Ahhh finally a Skid Row fan who agrees that Subhuman Race sucks!! Hehehe.

Get Slave To The Grind its excellent! Not quite as rock n roll as the first (the first is my fave), but still typical Skid Row fun loving hard rock, with a bit of a harder edge this time hehe.

Slave To The Grind is the heaviest album you will ever hear, it RULES! One of the best of all time!

Subhuman Race also rules, whats wrong with you people? :D

Originally posted by Moon Child
What about the most vomit-inducing ballad of all time?

Here is one suggestion:

Hero - Enrique Iglesias.

azcrying.gif

:lol:

Well in that case, its time to name the greatest ballad of all time:

Nothings gonna change my love for you by Glen Medeiros :headbang: :lol:

Originally posted by Spiff

People, you should really listen to Sonata Arctica - they're much better than your average castrati-like power metal bands. They don't sing about dragons or stuff like Rhapsody do, they sing about REAL issues... well, I've worked out that one song is about stalking, and they have a couple of nice songs about love turned bad, but they ROCK.

Damn right, Sonata Arctica are one of the best bands to come out of Europe in a while. Silence was one of the best releases of last year!

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread (and may I just add that I don't want to hear Take That, Enrique Iglesias, Glen Medeiros or Bette Midler mentioned on this board *ever* again), but the most wrist-slashingly emotive ballad of all time is "Save Me" by Queen. Having just updated my copy of Greatest Hits to a CD, I will now be playing this over and over again until I come to my senses :cry:

An honourable mention must go to the awesome performance of "I Still Love You" from KISS Unplugged. Far better than the studio version IMHO.

W

Originally posted by Lord Tim

Oh... my... god!!!

The song that launched a thousand b-grade teenage comedy/adventure videos in the early to mid 80s!

We have a real winner! YAY! (I think!) HAHA!

Dont forget the video clip that was shot while he strolled down a beach in a crap white suit and sang lovingly into a camera! :)

Originally posted by Wrathchild
... but the most wrist-slashingly emotive ballad of all time is "Save Me" by Queen.

An honourable mention must go to the awesome performance of "I Still Love You" from KISS Unplugged.
Ah yes!!!

Both are very powerful. :cry:

I Still Love You is brilliant... so much power in Paul's voice!! And the way it builds, ahh I love it.

The Alive III version is also great :)