Most you've paid for a CD

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
The most I've ever paid was $65 Australian for Vain - No Respect. I got it on ebay and that cost was for the CD itself, postage, and an international money order. You can't buy it in Australia, simple as that and even on eBay it commands big bucks so I had no choice really coz I HAD to have that album!

How about you guys?

Funny you should mention this, it was a KISS silver disc, bootleg, from the Australian Kiss Konvention. It was for two discs, I paid $50.00. Looks legit & sound incredible.
That's one KISS disc that I would NEVER ever part with. I over paid considering it's a boot but ot was worth it at the time. The second most spendy, would have to be a silver disc, bootleg of the Wicked Lester album, that one I paid $38.00 for & again, it's another that I wouldn't part with, despite what me feelings are for KISS these days...

Cool! I wish I saw the Aussie Konvention shows in '95. I watched the Melbourne arena show from that tour on video the other morning, fuck that tour was scaled down! But the setlist was one of the best I've seen. Long too! And fuck they were tight on that tour! I know one of the girls who danced in Take It Off on that Australian tour as well.

I wish I saw them that year. First time I saw them was in 1997 on the Reunion Tour which was actually my first concert I ever went to.

I'm surprised you cpuld find a copy at all... :/ I have a few tapes of that crumbling into dust in my bedroom whilest I listen... :/

The most money I ever spent for a cd was 21 dollars + taxes for an import from England of Crimson Glory's self titled cd.

Trixxi Trash said:
The most I've ever paid was $65 Australian for Vain - No Respect. I got it on ebay and that cost was for the CD itself, postage, and an international money order. You can't buy it in Australia, simple as that and even on eBay it commands big bucks so I had no choice really coz I HAD to have that album!

How about you guys?

Hmm, at most I spent was £15 for an album, I think it was a Greenday one I bought about 4 years ago, Listened to it about 3 times.

It must have been 28 euros for the long out of print Vicious Rumors self titled cd, fortunately it's one of my favorites.
Usually I don't want to spend more than 18 euros for an album though.

CDs are alot more expensive in Australia obviously. Average price here is about $25 Australian (which is about $18 US I think).

I have a few cd's that were 25 or 30 bucks, they are mostly import stuff.... like:

4 or 5 Loudness Japanese Imports
Rough Cutts first 2 albums Jap imports
Black N Blue's first album Jap import (paid $40 for that I think)
... plus a few more Japanese import I can't think of right now.

I'm also a big fan of the Backyard Babaies and the Hellacopters but most of their albums have not been released here in the states, so every time they put out a new disc I have to get them as imports.... about $30 each..... SUX!!!!

I have a bit of a hard time spending alot of money on one cd, $30 is about the cap for me and it had better be one hell of a cd. I don't mind paying for a cool old metal album on vinyl though. The most I've spent on 1 album was for a copy of Dirty Looks - s/t ...... paid $75 or $80 for that.

$26 for Entombed's "Morning Star" (that was with import and shipping). It was a gift for a friend. I would never pay that much for a cd for myself.

$100 for a copy of Metallica's "No Life 'till Leather"...must have been back in 1988 or 1989...and I still have it, amazingly...lot's of my stuff disappeared while I was in the Marines, but that one made it through...

With postage and all, I paid right at $40 for Vanden Plas "The God Thing." It was only available as a European import at the time, but I had to have it. Now you can get it for twelve bucks even in The states. :yuk:

Bryant

USMC: I'll come steal it some night when you're asleep, don't worry, you won't have to keep it for long.
I paid 200 SEK ($20-25 something I guess) for Mayhem - Out from the Dark gold edition picLP, definitely worth it. In regular stores here CDs cost 180-210 SEK

I know you said CD's , but I payed $60 for a limited edition pitcure printed vynil set from Iron Maiden ( Rock in Rio ).The most I paid for a CD was about $25(that's a shitload in my country) for Metallica Black - it's autographed , it came in a tin with a t-shirt.

Something close to 40 Euros for Richie Sambora's Stranger In This Town. The Longbox Edition with bonus track, 2nd CD and crappy necklace. It was a gift for my sister and I probably would never have paid that much for it for myself.
The other day I tried to get Vio-lence's Eternal Nightmare CD. My highest bid was 35 Euros. Didn't even get near it. It went away for 54 Euros. Can you believe it? Shipping NOT included!

Sorath said:
USMC: I'll come steal it some night when you're asleep, don't worry, you won't have to keep it for long.
I paid 200 SEK ($20-25 something I guess) for Mayhem - Out from the Dark gold edition picLP, definitely worth it. In regular stores here CDs cost 180-210 SEK

I'm a VERY light sleeper Sorath...but come by anyway - we can listen to it and have a beer or two...