Most you've paid for a CD

I think going to NY from Sweden is a bit far, sorry... Unless you're willing to pay for the ticket!
See you at Wacken, my ticket arrived today! (insert that headbanging smiley here)

Sorath said:
I think going to NY from Sweden is a bit far, sorry... Unless you're willing to pay for the ticket!
See you at Wacken, my ticket arrived today! (insert that headbanging smiley here)

A long trip indeed...have a good time at Wacken...should be an awesome festival...

OZZFEST NEXT MONTH!!!!!

METALLICA IN OCTOBER!!!!!

$ 32 but was the Ayreon "The Human Equation" box with 2 CD + DVD :D. For a single CD I can't remember precisely but was over $22 for an OOP one.

it was about 4 years ago. I bought Iced Earth's Alive in Athens (3cd set) for $45. The second highest was Dream Theater - Live Scenes from New York (original cover), that was $40. If we are going to count box sets, I got Metallica's Live Shit Binge and Purge about 6 years ago for $100. Then I got Slayer's newest box set with the extra cd. Retails for about $100, but because I work at Best Buy I got it for $64 roughly.

IcedMadness said:
The second highest was Dream Theater - Live Scenes from New York (original cover), that was $40
Hmm. I remember I entered Tower Records in Reno and I saw it, so I bought it immediately (can't rememeber how much but was brand new ~20something beacuse it is triple). Back home I was wondering how they made such a cover with 9/11 so close...and I discover that the label was recalling the albums to change the cover! Needless to say I still have the original pressing, with the origonal cover paid a the original price :heh:

DrillSergeant said:
The other day I tried to get Vio-lence's Eternal Nightmare CD. My highest bid was 35 Euros. Didn't even get near it. It went away for 54 Euros. Can you believe it? Shipping NOT included!

I've been wanting to get that disc also but it is too damn pricey! I think it is going to get re-issued soon anyway.

No, but everytime somebody talk about high prices I quote that one is beyond a Twilight Zone episode :p

Walter_Langkowski said:
Yeah, but at least you got it first. :Spin: :Spin:

That's true. It was worth every single cent. That was really their "breakout" release and it's pretty easyto find now, but I bet I searched for two hours beck then to find the cheapest price. No CD store in the US had it.

Bryant

delize said:
$26 for Entombed's "Morning Star" (that was with import and shipping). It was a gift for a friend. I would never pay that much for a cd for myself.
:worship:
I can praise that album all day. They went death n roll later but I havent insulted them for that since I pretty much like most of their work.

Greeno said:
I've been wanting to get that disc also but it is too damn pricey! I think it is going to get re-issued soon anyway.
Exactly!!! Waaaaaayyyyyy too pricey!!! I wouldn't mind if I had that CD only as a re-issue as long as I can listen to it asap. Problem is that this talk about a re-release has been going on for more than two years now and still they haven't done shit yet. And if it won't be out soon it'll never see the light of day again because from the marketing department's point of view now is the time to put it out. The Thrash scene is vital again and Vio-lence are finally active again. So...

probably Saint - Time's End (an original CD from 85). Good Priest inspired classic metal, though not as good as the follow up (Too Late for Living) or the new one (In the Battle). Paid $54.

HIGHLY recommended for those who like that British Steel sound.

MURAI said:
:worship:
I can praise that album all day. They went death n roll later but I havent insulted them for that since I pretty much like most of their work.

Cool! :) I didn't know there was another Entombed fan on this board. I don't have all their work :( I wasn't blown away by their last one, but it's still a keeper :)

I've met L-G Petrov and he seemed friendly. I wasnt able to tell he was Petrov first though I thought he was just some roadie. :lol:

delize said:
$26 for Entombed's "Morning Star" (that was with import and shipping). It was a gift for a friend. I would never pay that much for a cd for myself.

I can top that, haha. I paid $59(aus) for it. Haven't once regretted it, masterpiece of an album. :worship: