Your CD Holy Grail?

Bryant said:
Oh God Greeno !! I normally an a "to each his own" person and don't like to rag people about their tastes, but Ron Keel is absolutely horrible. I sing better than he does and I flat out can't sing (lead.) He gives me a headache.

Bryant

:lol:
You're right, to each his own, but I'm with Trooper on this one, I love those old Keel albums! I was big into them as a kid when they first came out, they hold some good memories for me. I mus have mowed a million lawns while pumping "The Right To Rock" on the walkman!

tedvanfrehley said:
Finally, help me out here, Greeno...

HEAR N' AID - The heavy metal "we are the world"...."We Are Stars", was the key track, but the whole album would be pretty damn cool.

Ted, I just passed up a Hear N' Aid cd a couple months ago! It was a Jap import, I think it was only released on cd in Japan (could be wrong here), so it was pricey... $40. My ebay pal had it so I thought I'd grab it later but about an hour later another dude came by to hang out and he saw it and snagged it!! He told me they are hard to come by but if he finds more I'll keep you in mind.

baldyboy said:
so greeno-with all your ebay contact and all-

ARE YOU GONNA BE OUR METAL PIMP??? :D :D :D :worship: :headbang:

If you guys want me to, I just don't want to spam the board or anything. I like helping people find stuff they've been looking for (just ask Plan13). If you guys want to email me your want lists I'll try to help.

mudpunk22@yahoo.com

I am looking for -

Kiske - Instant Clarity
Hear N Aid
Nevermore - ST
Nevermore - In Memory
Helloween - Pink Bubbles...
All of the Attacker Albums
Tribute To The Priest
Blind Illusion on cd, i have the vinyl
The original Iced Earth Enter The Realm Demo, not the one that was in the dark genesis box set...

Oh yea, and i question...
Was Helloween's - Heavy Metal Is The Law ever done as a studio version? or is it only live on walls of jericho?

-Brent

tedvanfrehley said:
WICKED LESTER - Same as above. Would love to find a legit copy! Or even a real good cdr
They did an album?!

My most wanted old school albums:

Metal Messiah - Honour Among Theives
Rainbow - Live In Europe, Stranger In Us All
Skyclad - The Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth
Twisted Sister - Love Is For Suckers, Live At Hammersmith

Anyone who has Skyclad or Twisted Sister on CD and doesn't mind burning a copy for tradination please gimme a shout! :D

Ayeka said:
They did an album?!

The Wicked Lester stuff is just demos from early on, it's out there as bootlegs. The only KISS members in it were Gene and Paul ..... right?

Ayeka said:
Twisted Sister - Love Is For Suckers, Live At Hammersmith

Ayeka - do you have a high speed internet connection? If so I can hook you up with the Live At Hammersmith. Or I can put up a couple tracks at a time on my page for you.

I still need to grab a copy of Love Is For Suckers, have one set aside but I always find something else to try out. :) Just too much stuff to get!

Metalmilita2000 said:
I am looking for -

Oh yea, and i question...
Was Helloween's - Heavy Metal Is The Law ever done as a studio version? or is it only live on walls of jericho?
-Brent
As far as I know that is the only official version and I believe is not really live but made look like it (IMO), and at great song btw.

As for Attacker try either www.sentinelsteel.com or www.moltenmetalusa.com
the first one have them all, but you have to inquire becuae their catalogue is seldom actual, the second one have at least the first two original pressings. SS supposedly also have all the Nevermore albums.

Which tribute to the Priest? I have several, the one from CM? Is easy available in any on-line distro and I suppose local stores.

Cannibal Corpse - Butchered at birth
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the northern sky
Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Annihilator - Never, Neverland
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
A Perfect Circle - 13th Step
Tool - Opiate
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanphobia
Opeth - Orchid
Opeth - Morningrise
Darkthrone - Hate them
Godsmack - Awake
Superjoint Ritual - a leathal dose of all-american hatred
Nile - In the beginning
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Morbid Angel - Heretic
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the sick
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Possessed - 7 churches
Anthrax - The sound of white noise
Anthrax - Among the living

I'm big into 80s thrash but there are loads of albums I still can't find. All the CD shops and high street stores in the towns and cities near me only really stock stuff by the big 4 thrash bands. The main albums I am looking for are:

Death Angel - The Ultra Violence
Death Angel - Frolic Through The Park
Exodus - Another Lesson In Violence (Live)
Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Heathen - Victims Of Deception
Kreator - Endless Pain
Overkill - Feel The Fire
Testament - The Legacy
Testament - Practice What You Preac
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare

ScaryGuy said:
I'm big into 80s thrash but there are loads of albums I still can't find. All the CD shops and high street stores in the towns and cities near me only really stock stuff by the big 4 thrash bands. The main albums I am looking for are:

Death Angel - The Ultra Violence
Death Angel - Frolic Through The Park
Exodus - Another Lesson In Violence (Live)
Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Heathen - Victims Of Deception
Kreator - Endless Pain
Overkill - Feel The Fire
Testament - The Legacy
Testament - Practice What You Preac

That's a great list, Scary! You may want ot jump on eBay to find those discs. I heard that the Vio-Lence albums were to be re-issued soon so I'd wait on that, if not you gonna pay some big bucks for it.

I'm amazed that some posters (espeically in USA) post really easy to find CDs in their lists. I don't know if some of you have problems and/or issues purchasing online, but most of the stuff I have seen lately can be find at:

www.theendrecords.com (s&h free in USA)
www.redstream.org (s&h free in USA)
www.darksymphonies.com (s&h free in USA)
www.moltenmetalusa.com (s&h media mail free for 2 items or more)
www.hardnheavy.com
www.sentinelsteel.com
www.brainticket.com
www.cduniverse.com
www.half.com
www.ebay.com
www.amazon.com

also is worth to check www.gemm.com, they have list of online distros across the globe. Most of them in Europe (for those across the Atlantic).

All the ones I have listed, are sellers which with I have purchases in the past without problems of any kind. Of course I select carefully when it comes to Half, e-Bay, Amazon or GEMM dealers (I look for rankings always).

Greeno said:
Ayeka - do you have a high speed internet connection? If so I can hook you up with the Live At Hammersmith. Or I can put up a couple tracks at a time on my page for you.
Nah, just a 56k connection here I'm afraid :( if you put anything on your page do give us a heads up please :)

You're right about just Gene and Paul in Wicked Lester as well ;)

Greeno said:
What album (or albums) are at the top of your want lists? I'm mainly talking about old albums you may have had as a kid and would now like to find on cd.

Thanks to my eBay friend that I help out I've found allot of the holy grails I've been looking for, but there still are a couple on my list.

Keel - Lay Down The Law (I think it's a Jap only cd issue)

Keel - The Final Frontier

Keel - Keel

There are others but those are the top 4 I'd like to find (and are affordable!).

I just found a copy of my biggest long running Holy Grail last month. It was Mind Over Four - s/t. It was only issued on cd on a small german label, took me forever to find a copy on eBay!
Keel - The Final Frontier
I have that one somwhere, is it really rare these days? :loco:

Greeno said:
:lol:
You're right, to each his own, but I'm with Trooper on this one, I love those old Keel albums! I was big into them as a kid when they first came out, they hold some good memories for me. I mus have mowed a million lawns while pumping "The Right To Rock" on the walkman!
Ha ha ha it is nothing personal. Everybody has that certain artist that makes them grind their teeth. My brother can't stand Geddy Lee's vocals, though he admits the band is awesome.
I just can't tolerate Ron's voice. Some people are that way with Udo etc. I had "Right to Rock" when I was a teen on cassette and I gave it to a buddy. Even back then, Ron's voice was like nails on a chalkboard. I actually own a Steeler CD as I love the early Yngwie, but I can't listen to it because Ron is there making horrible noises. Ha ha ha.
I wasn't trying to put anyone down. Everyone has different tastes and I am almost never one to say "________ sucks" it's just that I had to on this particular thread because Ron gets on my nerves so bad, I start grinding my teeth just thinking about him singing. I can't help it. : /

Bryant

I've never liked Ron Keels voice either! I bought Steeler on vinyl a long time ago because it had Yngwie on it but I thought the vocals ruined it. I also have one of the Keel albums on vinyl somewhere but never listen to it. Hell, I couldn't even tell you the name of it. As Bryant said, it's all just a matter of taste.

I can't help it if yours sucks! :D :tickled:

Ayeka said:
Nah, just a 56k connection here I'm afraid :( if you put anything on your page do give us a heads up please :)

I'll slowly put the TS album up for you over the next few weeks, do 2 or 3 tracks at a time. I usually start a new thread each time I update the page so just keep any eye out for it.

Greeno said:
I'll slowly put the TS album up for you over the next few weeks, do 2 or 3 tracks at a time. I usually start a new thread each time I update the page so just keep any eye out for it.
Say, is Tripoid any good? I have a few MBs at Yahoo to upload stuff but they really give me a hard time as the damn thing refuses to accept MP3s.