Mother Earth is dying soon !

Well Folk's, You've at least managed to make this Suburban driven metalhead think about this subject. I'm GUILTY!
. My house is over a century old and I wanted something that I could use to carry 4'by8' in to maintain it.
I have got my gas cunsumption at19m to a gallon, it was at 14 when I bought it.
But my guess is Im not welcome here. But I do recycle almost EVERYTHING.
America is to blame, inour ignorance and lust we plunder all that remains.
"
We're raping mother earth
We're tearing at her flesh
but don't fucking worry
cause the government knows best"-Saw Throat."indestroy"

This subject is a very sad subject.
I share the blame.
Hang me on a stake
and watch me die in flames

Well, this is more then sad...

People have grown up to be used to this grey and ugly world, where only things that have been made by the human kind counts. They avoid being in nature because they think it is ridicolous of some reason. The forest and nature to them is a place were only either eremits, biologists/scientists, or childrens visit. At least, it is like this where I live.

And the government - surprisingly to me - satisfies people with those small spots of forest between all those roads, factorys, houses, and so on. Everything is polluted, and there is almost no great wilderness left in this world. You can get rest nowhere, as the sound of cars always haunts you even in the most green place.

To get rid of it, it takes actions, and actions of the actions. The first action is to think; Find the beautiness of the remaining nature and then you are able to see how ugly this world we are living in is. After that, you can act from these thoughts in a wise way, and you also have these thoughts as a inspiration to continue the path of nature. Does this sound unreal? Some people will probably laugh at me at this very moment, but I know what path I am to choose.

I let my mind spoke freely here, but I stand for it all.

No it isn't hard to imagine a place in the likeness of what perspective's remain within, it is a clever person that can leave a whisper of a trace with a world of impact without disrupting anothers well being. Be it a way of life or a passion in life, what you strive for sounds from the heart.

I guess tonight I drank too many, had a bonfire in the back yard, burnes the branches high, they knaw at my foundation.
With my fiery breath, the fierce faces my wrath.

Originally posted by Fleischwolf

fuck you bush you idiot, for not signing the kioto protocol! what you goona do with your oil and money when you have no air to breathe!

Fuck air! We have Vintersorg! ;)

But I do think that breeding should be controlled/prohibited in certain third world countries. I also think immigration should be government controlled, but thats another story...

Well, I think every human being shouldn't have the right to have more than one child, so that, it would decrease every generation by half and eventually, the global population. I think it would be a very bad idea to apply it only to certain nations. What about biodiversity!!! :loco:

hehe! have you ever looked at the figures of births? western world=0,1-0,2 children per women
third world=-3,6 children per mother

i think we in the "western world" don't have to worry about too much children! it's the third world which must take messures! and if they do, it also will ease their economic misery!!

Talking about your neat birth figures... how much trash produces a "western world" child compared to one of the third world? And what is the reason for the people in the third world getting so much children? Isn't this caused by their economical and social situation? You are merely fighting the results, not the root of the problem, by cutting down the birth-ratio... look at China, there this does not work at all, either, and they were already strictly enforcing their birth-control.

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
hehe! have you ever looked at the figures of births? western world=0,1-0,2 children per women
third world=-3,6 children per mother

i think we in the "western world" don't have to worry about too much children! it's the third world which must take messures! and if they do, it also will ease their economic misery!!

I think they will come to where we are considering that, sooner or later. Until now, they have gone through the exact same periods as we did from about 1750 to 1900. First there are high birth rates and high death rates. Then the death rates goes down with better food and better health. Here comes the "baby-boom". Then next thing that happends, is that the birth rate goes down as well. That will be the third world's next step. Some places it is happening right now!

I am totally in favour of a one child limit per mother. And in the third world, they need to put contraceptives in the drinking water. It's wrong to bring children into this world only to live in squalor like that.
The problem in the western world (well, in USA) is that people want to have a bunch of kids but they don't want to raise them. I don't even have to leave my neighbourhood to see this. I think one child is plenty for anyone.
In Florida I think selective breeding would be a good idea because you have - and I swear to the gods it's true - a LOT of inbreeding here. I never believed it until I moved here and saw for myself. And it's not just one generation either, it goes back a way. The genetics get so badly warped. It's not funny, it's sad.

Originally posted by Allison
I am totally in favour of a one child limit per mother. And in the third world, they need to put contraceptives in the drinking water. It's wrong to bring children into this world only to live in squalor like that.
The problem in the western world (well, in USA) is that people want to have a bunch of kids but they don't want to raise them. I don't even have to leave my neighbourhood to see this. I think one child is plenty for anyone.
In Florida I think selective breeding would be a good idea because you have - and I swear to the gods it's true - a LOT of inbreeding here. I never believed it until I moved here and saw for myself. And it's not just one generation either, it goes back a way. The genetics get so badly warped. It's not funny, it's sad.

Well, I would like, if I'll get children sometime, to have more than one. For the child's sake. Not that a child cannot have a good childhood as a only child; I cannot say anything about that, but I do know that it is nice to have siblings. I grew up with three of them, and it was great! We always had each other, so things didn't very often get boring. And we learned to be patient and to share. And also, if any older kids were mean or smth to my sister and I, my brothers would support us, and help us. So we were always very secure, so to speak.

you know how the bumper sticker reads "discourage inbreeding... ban country music".

Originally posted by Fjelltussa

Well, I would like, if I'll get children sometime, to have more than one. For the child's sake. Not that a child cannot have a good childhood as a only child; I cannot say anything about that, but I do know that it is nice to have siblings. I grew up with three of them, and it was great! We always had each other, so things didn't very often get boring. And we learned to be patient and to share. And also, if any older kids were mean or smth to my sister and I, my brothers would support us, and help us. So we were always very secure, so to speak.

as i said before, in the western world that is no problem at all! western birthrates are actually decliening not increasing!

hello folks :)
excuse me for popping into your discussion. I read all replies and now I would like to know if I might understood some opinions totally wrong, because if not, I'd really go like :yow: wtf??!
Originally posted by niniel
Well, I think every human being shouldn't have the right to have more than one child, so that, it would decrease every generation by half and eventually, the global population.
aware of the Third World situation, yet I say: it is an ethical issue and right of every Human to decide whether to have 1 child or more children or none at all.
I know that children in the Third World have a different meaning or "value" for the social form "family" and for the governments. yet, I will never support the insolent idea of "kindly admitting 1 child" !
gone mad or so? :confused:

And in the third world, they need to put contraceptives in the drinking water. [...] I think one child is plenty for anyone.
heh, sure! they don't have enough fresh water anyway and you would devide that little they have into "water for males" and "water for females" ? or what contraceptives would you use? probably one that makes either all men or all women infertile, or both. this would be clever "birthcontrol", right? they sterilize all ppl. via the drinking water and noone would be blamed cos that the drinking water is contamined anyway, is no secret. who cares about what contamination it is, right? *shakes head*
about the number of kids everyone should have or not, I have given my opinion above.

IMO, the globally ruling smartarses of this world ought to find ways to make it sound appealing to the relevant groups of ppl. to not increase the birthrate.

as for the nature issue:
I'm also of the opinion that we cannot kill the earth itself. disgracefully, mankind do can destroy nature. and in consequence our own fundamentals for living, but mankind cannot destroy the earth earlier than itself.

btw: I don't mean to be rude or offensive, even if it sometimes may have this smack. generally meant ;)