Mother has son arrested for opening present too early

• Thread starter The Reverend Joint Smoker
  • Start date
At first I thought, WTF?!?!?! But then I read on and she said that the kid has no respect for any authoritative figure and actually punched a cop the week before. She did it as a wake up call for the straw that broke the camel's back, not simply b/c he opened the present too early.

I wouldn't have called the cops for opening a present too early, but I would've definitely called them for shoplifting and would've left his ass in jail as long as I could have to teach that little shit a lesson.

At first I thought, WTF?!?!?! But then I read on and she said that the kid has no respect for any authoritative figure and actually punched a cop the week before.

And where do you think that comes from? Most of the time it's the parents who are fucked up. She's probably a single mother who's at work most of the time and when she isn't, goes to a bar. So I think calling the kid a "little shit" is a bit too strong. There's always a reason for this kind of behaviour.

Obviously the kid lives with his g-mother if his mother isn't at home, and from experience, a parent who's a shitty parent doesn't do something as drastic as calling the police on her child because it's a difficult decision to make to teach them a lesson. Also, I SERIOUSLY doubt that the mother is teaching her son to go around punching cops, ESPECIALLY since she called the cops to take him away.

You wanna hear how it really went? The kid is a problem child, the mother has tried everything to reign in her kid and nothing is working; he's just getting worse. He punches a cop, shoplifts from a store, and shows absolutely no regard for his mother or grandmother. They are at the end of their wits, so they try to teach him a lesson. It's not like he's going to prison or anything...they let him out an hour later. It was just to teach him a lesson and maybe try to knock some sense into him. There are shitty parents, but just because some kid IS A LITTLE SHIT doesn't mean he/she has shitty parents.

Obviously the kid lives with his g-mother if his mother isn't at home, and from experience, a parent who's a shitty parent doesn't do something as drastic as calling the police on her child because it's a difficult decision to make to teach them a lesson. Also, I SERIOUSLY doubt that the mother is teaching her son to go around punching cops, ESPECIALLY since she called the cops to take him away.

You wanna hear how it really went? The kid is a problem child, the mother has tried everything to reign in her kid and nothing is working; he's just getting worse. He punches a cop, shoplifts from a store, and shows absolutely no regard for his mother or grandmother. They are at the end of their wits, so they try to teach him a lesson. It's not like he's going to prison or anything...they let him out an hour later. It was just to teach him a lesson and maybe try to knock some sense into him. There are shitty parents, but just because some kid IS A LITTLE SHIT doesn't mean he/she has shitty parents.

I'm just saying there has to be a reason for why the kid does these things. It's not like he woke up one morning and decided to make everyone's life a living hell. Also I think it's strange that she hasn't tried getting her kid some help until now. I think that's something a good parent would have done early on, take him to a psychiatrist or something.

he's 12...mom is 27..GREAT grandmother is 63...do the math... huzzah for procreation!

In the UK it's now an offense to smack your child.

I like to think I was brought up properly, never been arrested or in any trouble for anything, and that involved getting smacked as a child when I did stuff wrong.

No need to smash a kids head against a brick wall or anythign extreme (which I think the law is meant to protect against... as if), but it sure beats wasting public money by calling the cops, just so kiddy there can get taken home again because the Police are powerless with a minor.

A smack on the arse, no dinner, grounded, and no Christmas presents at all.

Thats what I'd have got!