Motherfuckin RAP thread up in here!

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
Just wanted to share:

As a spic growin up in the NY, old skool rap was my SHIT. Always love metal, but sometimes just throwin down some beats is where its at. And NONE of this garbage new Lil Wayne shit either.

Notorious BIG
Wu Tang Clan
Nas
Eric B and Rakim
Busta Rhymes
Dr Dre
Snoop
Eminem
Nice N Smooth
Slick Rick
Black Rob
DMX
the whole Ruff Ryders crew
A Tribe Called Quest
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Mic Geronimo
Canibus

What else you kids got?

I remember playing Thrasher Skate and Destroy on ps one when I was a kid and there was this song by Run Dmc called The King of Rock and it was the coolest back then..

Ofcourse I listened to some Eminem too when I was younger. Then I kind of stopped listening plain rap and moved to nu-metal.. And from there to Metalcore etc.

Fort Minor has some good songs though.

The fuck has nobody mentioned NWA yet? Old Ice Cube is dope as shit too.

The only newer stuff I listen to is basically Frank Ocean and the OFWGKTA guys.

*edit* speaking of, Tyler dropped a new one tonight. Actual song starts at :40 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Jeff, you west coast motherfucker, lol. I just went top of the head and of course there's all those you mentioned... as well as xzibit, kurupt, too short, naughty by nature [seriously!], and TONS of other shit. Just go balls out posting ill ass rap and hip hop in this thread

Well played PR: Reminds me, I admittedly kinda dig that new Macklemore jam... besides that, theres: Onyx, Black Sheep, The Lox and Jadakiss, Cam'Ron, Common, Machine Gun Kelly aint terrible for a young white boy, Pete Rock n C L Smooth from WAY back when! Three Six Mafia got a few jams... I mean we can get fuckin RIDICULOUS and jam THIS shit right here:

I grew up listening mostly to Dre, Snoop, Bone Thugs, and 69 Boyz etc... I still remember getting Kris Kross's 'Jump' single on cassette tape and wearing the fuck out of it. I never wore my clothes backwards on purpose though!

My brother and I had a black babysitter and so we got exposed to gangster rap during it's peak in the 90's. That was before I really got into music, but I'm such a stereotypical white guy it surprises some when they find out I'm familiar with this stuff. haha.

I grew up listening mostly to Dre, Snoop, Bone Thugs, and 69 Boyz etc... I still remember getting Kris Kross's 'Jump' single on cassette tape and wearing the fuck out of it. I never wore my clothes backwards on purpose though!

My brother and I had a black babysitter and so we got exposed to gangster rap during it's peak in the 90's. That was before I really got into music, but I'm such a stereotypical white guy it surprises some when they find out I'm familiar with this stuff. haha.

Hahahah Kris Kross... dude there was so much embarrassingly catchy shit goin on in that era.. like Ginuwine's Pony and Montell Jordan's This is How We Do It and Blackstreet's No Diggity... hahah, reminds me of being 13 years old so hard

HOW HAS NO ONE SAID TUPAC SHAKER!?!?!

West Coast til I die muthafucka! Haha seriously though, Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Tribe Called Quest, Q-Tip, Ice Cube, Nas... There's good shit out there, just not much on this side of the millennium.

HOW HAS NO ONE SAID TUPAC SHAKER!?!?!

Intentionel?

I enjoy some old school rap that my friends listen to, although I would say that I definitely tend to enjoy West Coast stuff more than EC.

The only rap I've actively sought out apart from some classics (NWA and the like) is Death Grips, Exmilitary in particular.
I love that it sounds like it was made in a run down tenement building's basement.

Dude's like some intellectual tryhard but his shit's always been ill

Only the stuff I did some growing up to.

Cypress Hill
Warren G
Onyx

and this track:

Pharcyde, Aceyalone, Special Ed, Del The Funky Homosapien, Kool Keith (also as Dr. Octagon). Can't think of much else I had though. Some of that shit was on cassette. This was one of my favorite songs back when it came out