Motherfuckin RAP thread up in here!

I rarely listen to rap these days but back in the day i enjoyed rap from 50 cent, jay z and will smith, amongst others

this ep has been blowing me away the last few days 2001 from chicago

and this album blakroc S/T its amazing and there are two completely differant mixes of it kicking around too i prefer the original one, the second was cleaner i think due to the black keys imminent success with the brothers album, still amazing hip hop songs though

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggie and 2Pac, oh man, they both had such charismatic personalities that came through in their raps; same with the usual West Coast suspects (Dre, Snoop, Cube) and the members of the Wu-Tang, especially Meth, Ghost, and Raekwon - honestly, I've been on a huge hip hop kick for the last few months, I guess I just kinda got burned out on most metal (but I still love writing it, and still listen to it about 30-40% of the time), and it really is their immediately identifiable and powerful styles that I find so captivating, as well as the stories they told and the sheer skill of their rhymes; I'm a great appreciator of awesomely phrased guitar solos, and I appreciate the awesome flows of the aforementioned MC's in a similar way.

Some highlights: BIG's fucking amazing duet with Method Man, tough to think of a better rap duet honestly

2Pac IMO had the most powerful delivery simply as far as the force he put behind his voice; it's all from the diaphragm, and goddamn what a groove (starts at 1:00)

I love Wu-Tang for how creepy and evil their sounds was (thanks largely to RZA's productions); this one is so metal

The singer of my band released this a couple of months ago with some other dude: http://www.2000duister.tk/

Personally I've been very impressed with DarkTime Sunshine's latest album ANX:

But I also enjoy some Sage Francis, Sole, Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, MF Doom, Brooklyn Acadamy, Cunninlynguists, Awol One, B. Dolan, Dälek, Eminem and loads of other stuff.