Motherfuckin RAP thread up in here!

I throw Dre's "The Chornic" on once in a while. Brings me back to over 10 years ago hanging out in a frat house and I wasn't even in college. :lol:

Can't believe someone mentioned Kriss kross. That shit was soooo long ago. My friend got me their cassette for my birfday when I was like 10 years old.

I throw Dre's "The Chornic" on once in a while. Brings me back to over 10 years ago hanging out in a frat house and I wasn't even in college. :lol:

Can't believe someone mentioned Kriss kross. That shit was soooo long ago. My friend got me their cassette for my birfday when I was like 10 years old.

Did it make you jump?

royce da 5'9"
big L
talib kweli
crooked i
pharoahe monch
mos def
de la soul

there are a lot of great artists out there, these are just the one's i can honestly say i've listened to their entire album.

Rap was a weird game... cuz you had like 3 different things going on:

1: Legit hardcore gangsta rap
2: Totally commercial club styled shit like Tag Team and Will Smith and Snow and Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer and even the new jack swing shit like Tony Tone Toni or however its spelt and
3: That artsy kinda smooth chill underground vibe like Digable Planets and Arrested Development.

This thread is fun, hahah

I love some good hip hop and was surprised Public Enemy wasn't mentioned earlier. I had 2 uncles that were right into the graffiti and underground scene and subsequently got me into the usuals but NWA and Public Enemy will always be the standouts. Fear of a Black Planet ruled about a year of my life in highschool

Childish Gambino is also sick.

Childish gambino is actually on another level that I don't think most people actually understand or appreciate. I'd find it hard to come across someone else with such ridiculously insane wordplay and even small simple lines that someone blow your mind at the thought and how clever it is. :worship:

Childish gambino is actually on another level that I don't think most people actually understand or appreciate.

In my opinion he's doing precisely the kind of hip-hop that is just an absolute fail - on all levels. Rhythmically, sonically, emotionally, philosophically, semantically, lyrically, aesthetically, and sexually.

In other words - no.

They played at the Underworld when I was shadowing the in-house guys there.
The crowd was easily the most retarded I have ever seen, just loads of terrible, degenerate miscreants. Boring as fuck too.

i'm somehow not surprised. :erk:

i can't NOT dig Paz's voice... definitely hits the spot for me. his solo work is also pretty good.