Motivation

MardyAss

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
I've got an annoying problem; I cant pull myself together to learn my self "important" stuff, or in other words, I have no motivation.
Some of my friends´recently started to learn stuff like Spastic Ink and Aghora, whilst I want to, but I dont have the motivation at all. I get very easily distracted by stuff like the internet, tv, food or just fool around on my bass.

How do you guys handle situations like that? Hope you can help!

Create a practice routine.

I was exactly like you. So I decided to start practicing. So I started to practice every day, one hour a day, from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. It's about a month ago. You get used to it.

Same here, but it just sucks to know when you only touch your bass when you're practicing with your band, so usually I pick up one and just play scales. (not much fun, but it's sure useful :) )

Another thing I used to do: if you're watching tv and you decide to stop, just zap to a music channel and memorize the bass line you're hearing and try to play it.

First u can just warm up your right hand and just play empty strings but remember!!! if u are not shure of the rythm practice with metronome or somthin'like it .Rally ive made this mistake(played without it)im another noobie playing fretless and left hand is ok but when it comes to playing with percussion and stuff i wonder if i should even play:p u can do some scales and things u create or just routins .If u have problem with right hand just go to www.stevedigiorgio.com and in tabs youll find help.But u r a fan of da hippie-i thin u know it already:p have fun
PS.if u want complete routines write dreads@interia.pl