Motivational Posters

What you just said is still all about people... so I'll still say the same.

Killing in the name of it is bullshit, in what religion does it say you must fucking kill people in the name of that particular religion? If it does, then fuck that religion.

Yeah, most religious murderers are talked into it by their priests and shit, but it still doesn't change what I said previously. Those priests or imams or whatever the fuck they are, did not take that from their bible or quran. They twisted it so it could fit their personal fuckmania.

I personally don't believe in good or evil, but if there is one grand evil in the universe, it's humanity for sure. Religion, for me, is supposed to be just a way of living your life... quite simple, that's it really. But when it crosses over to other people's lives, like when christianity went on a crusade to convert people by force etc. it's gone WAY too far. Religion should be kept only to oneself, confined within oneself and not hinder anything or anyone outside of oneself. Atleast that's my view on it.

So I hereby say it again, it's people who kill, not religion. The race for power and dominance, money and greed and so on, is what makes humans so special... in a very bad way obviously. It's just so sad that terrorists and conservative christian pigs (not bashing christians, just those that are extreme) twist their religion and feed it into the brains of the young ones, and totally deceive them. And this is an act that is done by them, people, so it's their fault in the end. A book is just a fucking book, it can't do shit on its own other than fuck around on a table all day. The person who interprets it is the one who is responsible imo.

A thought I've had on and off is ... what would happen if every trace of religion got destroyed and every human being forgot about it? If one of the major religions that exist today are "true", God or whoever would surely send another copy with the galactic express and another Jizz-us would pop up somewhere in the world. A bit tricky to complete this experiment though, but I can see it happening in the future :) Religionless people are just increasing in numbers, which is good. Everybody should use their so called free will as christians love to tell you about as soon as they're caught with a question they can't answer, to choose wtf to believe in.

AMEN :)

By the way this thread just went from awesome to über-awesome in the last couple of days. LMAO on the latest SocialNumb/Oznimbus shit they posted. Some of the stuff reminded me of the (awesome) Clerks 2 movie also.

[offtopic]

I do have to say that normal christians or normal atheists aren't the problem, its the extreme christians and treehugging atheist vegetarians who are the ones you just can't a rational conversation with on almost anything, and they are the ones that become the terrorists.

I'm more on the liberal side myself, but still a christian (lutheran to be exact) and I view the things more on rational sideo of things, but I really like the "jesus saves" stories because it gives you mental peace when you don't have to stress to think about what happens when you die no matter what you do. I do believe in the afterlife aspect of things, thats the main thing. Be it soultravelling to another body, universe (I think 'heaven' is just that) or whatnot. To think that when you die, you do something else than just sleep, even if it's not true. The mental peace and one thing less to stress about.

The secondary thing is that I belive in God more on the creationist side of things than the omnipotentiality or immortality. I do believe in evolution, white woman and black male breeding makes a child that looks like a combination of both is one example of this, but I don't believe in the big bang theory. I think that its similiar to how humankind creates infrastructure; someone creates something at some time from materials he already has and then it becomes something a lot bigger.

And to be honest, Bible is a fucking good book. It may be biased, but so what? And its more like a collection of books, because it really is more like a minilibrary than a single book. It has some guidebooks how to do things for the time and place the book was written, eventho there are things that are ageless and still apply, like the majority of the 10 commandments are still applied in the law of most of the countries in the world (don't steal, don't kill, don't lie etc), no matter what your religious views are.

And in addition to that it has a lot of eg. history books (who did, what, when & where, and who was the king at the time), poetry and stories, which I think is the best part of the Bible. In storytelling side of things its pretty superb, it has all the good ingredients that most good stories have; A version of the truth, spiced up with fiction. Like "6 day time aspect on creation of the word" and "Moses split the red sea and lost in the desert for 40 years in the area size of Delaware" and "Jesus walked on water and placed a severed ear back to to head with a magic trick". C'mon, they might not be truth, but they are all fucking good stories.

And among the book there are some things you should take literally and some things that you should not, because the times and practices change. For example, if you get sick, you go to a doctor, not a priest and you don't stone your wife to death if she commits adultery, you get a divorce.

[/offtopic]

and back on topic:

2464965818_01cef13d96.jpg

Athiests don't fly airplanes into buildings.
I don't dispute that religion's a primary factor, but people do retarded and murderous things for a lot of reasons. Religion's a prime one, but even if we got rid of it altogether, people would still be killing people for "their country" (whatever that means), for honour, or for retarded ethnic vendettas that amount to whose ancestor forgot to return whose ancestor's lawnmower.

Religion or no, people will always find a way to be hateful.

ahjteam... majority of the 10 commandments? Three (don't murder, steal, or bear false witness) are the only still-widespread ones, and they're present *everywhere*... to paraphrase someone who said it well... it's useful and original, but the useful things aren't original and the original things aren't useful. As far as 'good'... I find that a stretch, but tastes are tastes and if you enjoy that stuff... I'm just going to hope that you don't actually follow the suggestions. As for using a god to explain creation, that argument doesn't answer the question at all and it introduces an infinitely more complex being into your understanding - not only is it a non-answer, it's about as extreme a non-answer as anything can be.

Demotivators-5127.jpg

Demotivators-5128.JPG

Demotivators-5124.jpg

Jeff

ahjteam... majority of the 10 commandments? Three (don't murder, steal, or bear false witness) are the only still-widespread ones

The finnish version of the bible is more down to earth and they are easier to understand. third one is better in finnish "pyhitä lepopäivä" ("remember to have a day off work"), and is used in the labor law. And the seventh one is also better in finnish "älä tee huorin" ("do not prostitute"), which is illegal in finland

64453d1214153698-de-motivational-posters-lamp_lies_640x480.jpg

in what religion does it say you must fucking kill people in the name of that particular religion? If it does, then fuck that religion.

Yeah, most religious murderers are talked into it by their priests and shit, but it still doesn't change what I said previously. Those priests or imams or whatever the fuck they are, did not take that from their bible or quran. They twisted it so it could fit their personal fuckmania.

The Holy Quran said:
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (9:5)

Pretty unambiguous if you ask me.... as athiests, we're targets.
FWIW, I agree with you on most points.

Pretty unambiguous if you ask me.... as athiests, we're targets.
FWIW, I agree with you on most points.

Well, since I have never read the quran, I can't speak about that particular thing you quoted, but if it is true, if it actually says that, then that's fucked up. My parents are muslims... or so they say, and I am too as far as they know, but I can tell ya that I'm drinking, I don't mind smoking, I swear whenever I want, I never pray and I don't do anything that a muslim is supposed to do.

But still, the quran is arabic, and I'm not sure how much I can trust something that has been converted to another language AND gotten posted on the internet, but I hope what you quoted isn't written in the quran like that, because there is no reason to kill anyone unless they're trying to kill you.

Anyway Oz, so my point was only that it's still people that decide if they want to kill someone or not, the book doesn't decide for them. As 006 has nicely quoted me saying "A book is a book..." etc. haha. Dude, why did you quote me on that, it looks kinda stupid out of context :D "A book can't do much on its own. WAIT... WHAT? REALLY!??" :)

Most inanimate objects can't do much on their own without a bottle of something strong - so while it's true, it's not saying much in context or out of context.

Jeff