motivational question

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: this question itself is NOT motivational.

ok so... say you CAN do really neat stuff but lately you just feel down and like crap and you can't get yourself to do anything. how do you get out of that f'n funk?

uplifting music just makes me end up dancing and calling my brother. then i waste more time talking rumormill type hometown crap with him to distract him from having been in a war!
toby, i never sleep. what can i do? i mean other than drugs and/or armed robbery.

:(

I agree with deadair. Take some time off and do whatever neat stuff it is you want to do. I took Thursday and Friday off last week, requested vacation for this week and I may take next week off as well. I'm finding time to record some new music and go out with friends who have vastly different schedules than my own. Before last Thursday I felt like crap and didn't care about anything.
Reading a good book always helps me. Over the weekend I read Paulo Coelho's "By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept." His stuff tends to motivate me.

hey guess what? i don't want to do anything. like i want to not even sit and stare into space. i don't even want to EAT. there is nothing neat/cool i can think of doing, i don't consider anything i was doing before a chore i would need a break from. but rather, i am exhausted just by being alive and find eating and/sleeping enough of a problem. it's like my brain is still working but i can't keep up with it, so i spend half of my time highly distracted and the other half trying to catch up with whatever just happened that i missed (ie wearing two different shoes, not eating for three days by accident. etc)

I'm feeling kind of the same way recently, minx. Like I'll have x number of things to do and when I do finish them, I feel like there should be some kind of sense of accomplishment or joy from having finished them, but it's exactly like it was before. It's like I might as well not do anything because I'd feel the same way.

totally dude. i mean, 10 paintings later and i'm like 'eh whatever'. i used to really be way into stuff but now i'm like ... blah.

Creative slumps are the worst thing ever. Ruins everything. :(
Lately I feel like I only get cool ideas when they feel like coming to me, when I used to have a flow. Maybe I'm just pickier.

So I would also like to know how to get out of a funk. (Trying to get inspired by other things makes it worse, imo.)

when i was in college i didn't even try. i barely paid attention. the only time i've ever belted out something noteworthy is when i have no sleep, and am riddled with depression and angst and/or life problems, drugs, or other psychaitric ailments. it's pathetic.

Probably more in the realm of psychology and I'm not particularly interested in research medicine, I'd be much happier in a clinical setting. Though I've given thought to pursuing a career in my other major.