A thread about girls/chicks, now what the hell...

Hey bro. I am in the same boat. Girl just left last week.

I empathize. It's still a fresh wound. And will transform into a scab picked at.

The comfort is in the long view, and realizing that "this too will change"

It's harsh and gut wrenching. The shock will wear off. But it is a moment of growth.

Love is hard. Honor it, treasure the good bits and be better as a result. Fuck blame.

You can do nothing wrong and still find yourself in this place. Loving is risk and it encompasses loving the failures of another. And sometimes, those we love follow their own story, which has nothing to do with us.

But the encounter is beautiful and the dissolving, not so much.

Just take it easy ... I know I will!

I generally can't stand girls who are into metal - I have a much better laugh with a girl thats more different to me and has less in common. In fact, generally in terms of friends I don't make "better" friends with someone just because they are into the same music; there are far more influential things you can have in common with someone than the music you listen to.

I actually find a lot of metal people typically fall under a typical "metal guy" stereotype and I'd hate to be lumped together with anyone else. When people meet me they have no idea I'm into metal, or do producing or whatever and I feel like a far more interesting person when I tell them that kind of stuff aswell as everything else I like in life.

That said, the last girl I have been getting with (I'd definitely say the best looking) happens to be into her music too, and I was really shocked when I found that out (as was she when I said my background - she didn't believe me!). But I just met her in your average nightclub with your average music etc.

In terms of meeting ladies.....If I'm after something short term, I know exactly the kinds of bars to get it, but again most of the women there I won't want to see much more after the occasion. Meeting someone that you really get along with and click with is harder to find, but it really can be anywhere that you meet that person.

RAMBLINGS OVER hahaha

As for me personally, metal is not my way of life. I don't let it dictate my beliefs, how I act or how I look. I do however really <b>really</b> enjoy it, so it does hold some influence, but not necessarily power. If I happen to find a lady who is interested (seriously) in me but can't quite get the with the metal thing, my priority would be her. Metal holds only a temporary passion for me. A woman for the rest of my life would obviously be a life long passion. If metal is the thing that is for certain holding me back from a serious relationship I'm looking for, it's gonna go out the window.

But till then, I'm Dime my stereo every chance I get. ;) It still holds passion, still holds conviction and meaning.

I'm a very passionate guy. I enjoy a lot of what I do. But those few rare passions that last are worth everything to me, so I find them worth sacrificing for.

I agree its kind of cool if a girl "gets it", but the way I look at it metal is a mans thing and by looking for that one in a million girl that is great and likes metal you are not only looking for that needle in a haystack, but at the same time are ignoring the other haystacks that are full of needles :)

If they don't get it, its fine, just in the way that we won't understand shopping (without buying anything) and owning loads of shoes. People have got past those kinds of issues for years.....

I agree its kind of cool if a girl "gets it", but the way I look at it metal is a mans thing and by looking for that one in a million girl that is great and likes metal you are not only looking for that needle in a haystack, but at the same time are ignoring the other haystacks that are full of needles :)

If they don't get it, its fine, just in the way that we won't understand shopping (without buying anything) and owning loads of shoes. People have got past those kinds of issues for years.....

Perfect analogy!

Oddly enough... I've sort of "studied" this shit...

Ill have an entirely long winded response up in a bit once I read all these replies... and get done eating/watching hockey, lol.

Man, this thread reminds me how bad I need to get laid...

Anyone become jaded over their past with chicks? Some are harder to get over, some not. But man, being in a slump sucks!

-Joe

Man, this thread reminds me how bad I need to get laid...

Anyone become jaded over their past with chicks? Some are harder to get over, some not. But man, being in a slump sucks!

-Joe

Same here, I haven't been in a serious relationship for almost 3 years now.

I'm completely paranoid about relationships because I know that they all end.

I never hit on or make moves on chicks because I have a fear of rejection, the ones I've been with have made the move, which is great because after that, I don't have to guess if they're into me or not!

Also, I haven't found any woman that's compatible with my nomadic and risky lifestyle goals. I just now found out that I won't have to live in my car for like a month. Shit changes quick around here and there's not really any stability, not many chicks I've met are into that.

Same here, I haven't been in a serious relationship for almost 3 years now.

I'm completely paranoid about relationships because I know that they all end.

I never hit on or make moves on chicks because I have a fear of rejection, the ones I've been with have made the move, which is great because after that, I don't have to guess if they're into me or not!

Also, I haven't found any woman that's compatible with my nomadic and risky lifestyle goals. I just now found out that I won't have to live in my car for like a month. Shit changes quick around here and there's not really any stability, not many chicks I've met are into that.

Haha I hear you man. Also, the chicks I've been with I have met randomly. Through friends, yadda yadda. I'm not one to go hunting for women. If I meet a chick at a bar, cool. But I don't go out actively pursuing.

Maybe I need to change that...

-Joe

I've found that as time goes by, my criteria for a relationship gets pickier and pickier, while the criteria for girls I'm just going to hook-up with continually widens.

It's pretty much the other way round with me.

But I also frequently end up in relationships that shouldn't exist from the beginning for various reasons. Often fundaMENTALLY blind as far at that goes... (Actually, I realize this pretty early on. But I can't help it.)

As women are hormonomagically attracted to assholes, I hormonomagically attract the nutjobs...

As women are hormonomagically attracted to assholes, I hormonomagically attract the nutjobs...

This is truth.
I think they feel protected or have to prove their worth to obnoxious asshole motherfuckers. I was a complete asshole to one chick, just to try it out, and damn it really worked, she cooked me a fucking STEAK. I still feel bad about being suck a dick to someone though.

Steak! :kickass:

That's the irony: You go out and treat them with respect, chances are you might end up finding a new friend. You go out lying in their face, treating them like shit, chances are you might end up getting laid. Sometimes, it's soooo easy if you know the right locations.

But it kinda sucks if you're not one of these natural born assholes. It's like putting up a facade you don't even like... and the chicks that jump on it are usually not worth more than a one night stand or an occasional fuckathon.

Paradox: If a chick buys into that, she basically disqualifies for a relationship.

Murphy wins this one.

Anyway... there's someone out there crazy enough to have lasted with me for almost a year now, so the bar's low enough for *anyone*...

Jeff

Well, my search is something hopeless. First of all, I prefer true redheads, which pretty much rules out the majority of humankind :lol: Now, the second part is even worse: she should not smoke, drink or do drugs... Yeah, maybe not so tricky, but - she should NOT be religious :erk: And preferrably like industrial/electronic music in general, ambient, punk, and metal (maybe even black metal) :lol: I don't think a person like that can even exist :lol: It's the clash of opposite stereotypes times 3.

Damn Tornio - I agree that I don't want anyone who smokes or does any kind of drugs, but no booze either? What kind of Finn are you? :lol: