What do I do? Need girl advice..

Yeah these situations suck. I was with a chick that I really cared for for about 3 years , only problem was she was totally insane , really badly , clinically diagnosed bipolar / manic depression. The thing was that she was super nice and cool when she wasn't in crazy mode , and she was really hot. She would always tel me that she's sorry after fighting like hell and that she's so grateful she has me , because I'm the only one who makes her feel better , etc etc. So I kinda did feel like I was helping her for a while but the shit just kept getting worse. I think the worst part is we were really good friends for a while before dating. Eventually I had to say enough is enough and move on, and I have a great girlfriend now who I've been with for about 4 years. Point being if I just said fuck it and stayed with her we probably would have killed each other by now , and my current gf would be with someone else...

edit: also read what someone else said about having a gf that let's you have some alone time. Very important. Someone I know just broke up with a girl he dated for almost 4 years. I always hated her as she was one of these "You must call me every 5 seconds or I'll assume you're cheating on me" ,untrusting bitches. Many times when we hung out he would even have to put me on the phone for her to verify that he was actually at my house and not some chicks. I always told him that she had a guilty conscience. Turns out the reason they broke up was because of this :
She stopped bugging him so much and let him hang with his friends more. So he assumed things were going well. Turns out that was because she was with some other dude while he was out , probably in the apartment that he was paying for solely. He broke up with her but ended up paying for the apartment until August while he is back at his Dad's. He also had her on his car insurance ! GIRLS CAN BE VERY EVIL