A thread about girls/chicks, now what the hell...

I always went out to bars and picked up whores after break-ups. I thought that was pretty much universal...? Embrace being single and having opportunities - but don't force it. Something good will happen.

As far as meeting someone to stick with, you can't be so picky about specific little traits that you miss the big picture. The sum of the parts can be awesome even if she's missing a few of the parts that you thought were mandatory.
I laugh when I hear guys saying, "she has to look like this and she has to be into that, etc., etc..." You're going to miss alot of great opportunities, and chances are you'll end up with someone who possesses every trait that you thought you wanted, and you'll fucking hate her. I've been there...

Of course, it helps if your demands don't include: 110 pounds, blonde, fake tits, does anal. Very few of those are marriage material, I had to expand my horizons. :)

Dude, you speak about great opportunities and pick up whores after break-ups :lol: (no, it's not universal!) I have some values, you know ;)
But anyways, I'm really thinking about that "sum of the parts"-thingy. The thing is...I am a fairly tolerant person (believe it or not :lol: ), so I'm not expecting anyone to be the perfect match for me in terms of what I'm prioritizing. But I certainly couldn't live e.g. with someone who loves stuff that I hate.

To give you an example: music.

I'm open-minded. I listen to all kinds of music and I'm not an elitist metalprick who thinks that anything non-true norwergian pandametal is wrong. So, basically, she could listen to whatever she'd want but there are exceptions (if she listens exclusively to hardcore techno!) that I couldn't tolerate simply because there is a very high possibility that she will embrace that music and I'm basically forced to listen to it once I'm around her...I've had that before. And it's fucking tedious. See, those are little things which I'm sorting out right from the beginning and it would also be easy to figure out right from the start...

now, am I making sense here?

Well, my search is something hopeless. First of all, I prefer true redheads, which pretty much rules out the majority of humankind :lol: Now, the second part is even worse: she should not smoke, drink or do drugs... Yeah, maybe not so tricky, but - she should NOT be religious :erk: And preferrably like industrial/electronic music in general, ambient, punk, and metal (maybe even black metal) :lol: I don't think a person like that can even exist :lol: It's the clash of opposite stereotypes times 3.

Oh man and I thought I was picky, damn...
You know, a lot of stuff could be a compromise between you and your choice. I mean smoking... I gave up smoking for my last relationship and I feel good with that choice. She didn't like that I smoked but also didn't force me to quit so it was basically my own decision. See how that can turn out^^
I bet that you could get her to turn into a non-believer too, just tell her to chat with Metalhead28 a couple times about religion :loco:

But drinking? I never thought this could be an issue (unless overdone), actually I'd like my g/f to drink (with me) from time to time, fun!

Dude, you speak about great opportunities and pick up whores after break-ups :lol: (no, it's not universal!) I have some values, you know ;)
But anyways, I'm really thinking about that "sum of the parts"-thingy. The thing is...I am a fairly tolerant person (believe it or not :lol: ), so I'm not expecting anyone to be the perfect match for me in terms of what I'm prioritizing. But I certainly couldn't live e.g. with someone who loves stuff that I hate.

To give you an example: music.

I'm open-minded. I listen to all kinds of music and I'm not an elitist metalprick who thinks that anything non-true norwergian pandametal is wrong. So, basically, she could listen to whatever she'd want but there are exceptions (if she listens exclusively to hardcore techno!) that I couldn't tolerate simply because there is a very high possibility that she will embrace that music and I'm basically forced to listen to it once I'm around her...I've had that before. And it's fucking tedious. See, those are little things which I'm sorting out right from the beginning and it would also be easy to figure out right from the start...

now, am I making sense here?

The whore thing was kind of a joke. Kind of. :)

Oh yeah, you can't just throw everything out the window. There are always a few things that you just can't deal with, and a few things that you just need. I'm with you on that.
I can't be with a woman who listens to country music all the time. It would literally send me into clinical depression. :)
It's just that some guys go all the way down to hair color, height, bra size, favorite color, what kind of car they drive, tax bracket, etc.... That stuff is crazy.

I think its important to go for someone with differences, as you'll learn a ton from those differences between you.......and too be honest its going to be unlikely to find someone thats unbearable to you (like constantly listening to country) as you are kind of less likely to cross paths/click with/build something on.

Dudes, I thought the same about girls always liking the assholes etc.
I truly believed it, but it's not exactly the truth. Women basically are attracted to alpha-males. Dudes, that are treated respectfully, that have confidence and that are some kind of important. Assholes most often get treated respectfully (because nobody want's to get in trouble with them), Assholes DO have confidence (otherwise they wouldn't be assholes) and Assholes often gain a lot of attention (because often they are fun to hang around with - why? Because often assholes seem to be funny to their friends. Come on, Asshole's really can be fun to be around - CONFESS! You all have that friend that throws cold spaghetti at people you don't know :D).

I'm not saying you should start to be an asshole! :D
Just do, what alpha-males would do.

Hmm, I would disagree that all assholes are confident - in fact, I would nominate that most aren't, rather, they're overcompensating for insecurity; I've always been more a fan of the sexual interpretation of Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote "Speak softly and carry a big stick" :lol:

Again, IMO it's usually only the immature women who equate loud belligerence with confidence