Motivational Posters

4807.jpg

4797.jpg

Hahahahahahahhahahaha, I scrolled down far enough to see the image in the second one, but not the caption, and still the first thing I noticed was the gas prices :lol:

Rough translation: I checked out this video called 'Media ignorance: Getting Painful at the Pump', which was about how Americans complained that their gas price is high.

In the graph it showed that the average price was $2.85 per gallon. And gallon is about 3.78 liters and 2.85$ is about 2.10 euros. If you turn that into euros per liter, the price is 0.55 euros. Which is _fairly_ cheap compared to the finnish average, which was 1.35 euros/litre (statistics from www.polttoaine.net)

note that this was from 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the main reason is just plain and simple; we don't have it. we have to import it.

And the main reason American's piss and moan about gas prices is because our public transportation systems as a whole are absolutely terrible, and usually good jobs, and cheap living are far away from each other. I commute about 80 miles a day to work... :(

I think the main reason is just plain and simple; we don't have it. we have to import it.

In a sense this is true. But when you take shale oil into account (which at this point is very difficult to extract), we potentially have enough oil to last this country 400 years. However, the US has about 2% of the world's oil reserves.

motivational-poster-monday-5vv-0.jpg