Motorhead jamming with Iron Maidens in Spokane!

I did get to share a cute story with Lemmy. At one point I had some very fundamentalist Christians living next door. I mean I hear sermons cranked on their stereo, and when the guy would work on his car he might put on a tape of hymns and sing along. They generally kept to themselves and were never an issue, except their children were VERY annoying they would stand in hte yard and scream and what not. When they did this I would put music on the stereo and let it waft out the window (not even cranked) and they would usher their kids in the house like someone had set off the air raid siren. So, one of my favorites was to throw on Motorhead, things like, "I'll Be Your Sister" and "Love Ya Like a Reptile" and they couldn't get the little buggers in the house and the windows closed fast enough. Lemmy looks at me an mumbles in Ozzyesque fashion with his polite British accent says, "It's fuckin' bloody good music for that!" and then says, "Fuckin' fundamentals!" and raised his middle finger. I about wet myself.

alanbirdsell said:
Ah.... do you remember Metal Breakfast on KUGR? We'd always call in and ask for Motorhead at 7:00 am!

Nothing like waking up to "Dancing on your Grave" on a cold winters morning. Especially if Denny was hung over LOL!

Remember my Friday Night Cable Radio Program at Orton? It was great, I came on just after the Disco Hits chick. I would start right a way with Crue, Ozzy and if I was really feeling rowdy I would send all the disco queens off with some Pistols or Voivod! :loco: We were only supposed to be broadcasting at 1/2 a watt. We got into our broadcast amp and boosted it to nearly 4 watts. I was getting call-ins from Moscow, Idaho. I even had a few people tell me they could pick us up in their cars in some spots. I guess all of those cables acted like a big broadcast antenna.

Yeah, I remember KORT. I had my own show too, remember? Seems to me we did a few together too. We were the only metalheads that DJ'd. And if I remember right, we were the most popular DJ's cuz no one else would play metal. Some time back I found my tape of City Boy's "The Day the Earth Caught Fire" that I made from the only decent record they had in their collection. I did find a CD of that album to replace the tape, the title track is still one of my favorite songs. It would make a cool cover tune.

City Boy's "The Day the Earth Caught Fire"

that wouldnt be the same as the balzac song would it?

alanbirdsell said:
I did get to share a cute story with Lemmy. At one point I had some very fundamentalist Christians living next door. I mean I hear sermons cranked on their stereo, and when the guy would work on his car he might put on a tape of hymns and sing along. They generally kept to themselves and were never an issue, except their children were VERY annoying they would stand in hte yard and scream and what not. When they did this I would put music on the stereo and let it waft out the window (not even cranked) and they would usher their kids in the house like someone had set off the air raid siren. So, one of my favorites was to throw on Motorhead, things like, "I'll Be Your Sister" and "Love Ya Like a Reptile" and they couldn't get the little buggers in the house and the windows closed fast enough. Lemmy looks at me an mumbles in Ozzyesque fashion with his polite British accent says, "It's fuckin' bloody good music for that!" and then says, "Fuckin' fundamentals!" and raised his middle finger. I about wet myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alanbirdsell said:

What a cool story!!!! Hahahaha! Lemmy is so cool!!

alanbirdsell said:

That's awesome! Both the stunt and Lemmy's reaction to the story. :lol:

Wow. What a tour.............it was fun seeing the Motorhead guys and jamming with Phil! I have known Mikkey since the Dokken days in the early 90's when we rehearsed at the same studio. He's always been a way cool guy and very encouraging towards my playing. I've also downed a few with Lemmy many times. A very nice, no-nonsense guy. It was nice to finally pay back these guys with a couple of private after-hours parties for all the fun times in the past. Woohoo!!!! Wish you were there Chris!!! You were sorely (and I do mean SORE!!!!!!!) missed!!!! We were thinking of you all the while! ;)