Movie review - Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (0/10)

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
I finally decided to post my review here.

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (0/10)

ofx_poster.jpg

This should have been a companion film for "Fahrenheit 9/11", because this piece of shit is just like it. If the films director Robert Greenwald wanted to prove something, the only thing he prooved is that he is a big asshole.

For those who don't know, this "documentary" is an attempt to expose the Fox News Channel. This film is NOTHING but cut and paste propaganda. How is it cut and paste? Well, first off, the film just shows brief clips of FNC that is supossed to make the network look bad. The problem with that is that the director cuts the clips too short and dosent even show what the issue the people in the clip were discussing! Example: the film has a segment of clips just showing Bill O'Reilly telling people to shut up, like that's all he tells his guests to do. In one of the clips, O'Reilly is talking to a young gay student who was in serious trouble for outing himself in high school. O'Reilly asked him "Why don't you just shut up about sex, and nobody would get upset at you?" The director cut the clip, so it only shows O'Reilly saying "Why don't you just shut up?"

Another example of why this film is propaganda is the fact that the director accuses the Fox News anchors of taking marching orders, and memos of how to report the news and slant it beeing on the anchors desks right before a brodcast. Sure, FNC has a daily breefing, but EVERY network does!

What I am trying to say by this review is don't give into this outright lie of a film. Robert Greenwald calls the Fox News Channel propaganda, but he is a hypocrite, because his poorly made film is nothing but propaganda! I really think Robert Greenwald is one of Michael Moore's or Al Franken's psedonems.

0/10

Fox News rules and the other networks are jealous. That's why that bollocks was made. Excellent review though.

God bless,
Sepsis

yeah I saw this piece of crap a while ago, it's funny that they had a bunch of recorders, recording Fox 24/7 and that was all they came up with?

then they enlisted the help of some people, they made it known on Moveon.org and all the wierdos showed up,

seriously some of the wierdest people you'll ever see.

this movie is like seeing Mtv trying to get the dirt on CMT or even Fuse, I mean really fox is not the only channel to watch, it's like these people come off as if they where forced to watch it...and who the fuck cares that fnc says "fair and balanced" every now and again...all fucking channels have their little solgans...and you can pick them apart just as easiley.

Necroscythe said:
yeah I saw this piece of crap a while ago, it's funny that they had a bunch of recorders, recording Fox 24/7 and that was all they came up with?

then they enlisted the help of some people, they made it known on Moveon.org and all the wierdos showed up,

seriously some of the wierdest people you'll ever see.

this movie is like seeing Mtv trying to get the dirt on CMT or even Fuse, I mean really fox is not the only channel to watch, it's like these people come off as if they where forced to watch it...and who the fuck cares that fnc says "fair and balanced" every now and again...all fucking channels have their little solgans...and you can pick them apart just as easiley.

I agree, I don't give a flying fuck what Fox says, it's not like Clockwork Orange and some Republican has me strapped to the chair with my eyes pryed open to watch it. Media is biased in general so I watch the news station that I like and pick apart what is said and try to find more sources stating the same thing if I think it is questionable, because I don't trust the media in general. As good Ol Trip doctor Timothy Leary says "Think for yourself, question everything"

Cryptkeeper said:
I finally decided to post my review here.

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (0/10)

ofx_poster.jpg

This should have been a companion film for "Fahrenheit 9/11", because this piece of shit is just like it. If the films director Robert Greenwald wanted to prove something, the only thing he prooved is that he is a big asshole.

For those who don't know, this "documentary" is an attempt to expose the Fox News Channel. This film is NOTHING but cut and paste propaganda. How is it cut and paste? Well, first off, the film just shows brief clips of FNC that is supossed to make the network look bad. The problem with that is that the director cuts the clips too short and dosent even show what the issue the people in the clip were discussing! Example: the film has a segment of clips just showing Bill O'Reilly telling people to shut up, like that's all he tells his guests to do. In one of the clips, O'Reilly is talking to a young gay student who was in serious trouble for outing himself in high school. O'Reilly asked him "Why don't you just shut up about sex, and nobody would get upset at you?" The director cut the clip, so it only shows O'Reilly saying "Why don't you just shut up?"

Another example of why this film is propaganda is the fact that the director accuses the Fox News anchors of taking marching orders, and memos of how to report the news and slant it beeing on the anchors desks right before a brodcast. Sure, FNC has a daily breefing, but EVERY network does!

What I am trying to say by this review is don't give into this outright lie of a film. Robert Greenwald calls the Fox News Channel propaganda, but he is a hypocrite, because his poorly made film is nothing but propaganda! I really think Robert Greenwald is one of Michael Moore's or Al Franken's psedonems.

0/10
Didn´t see it, but have to tell you that you really don´t think (or write) like other 15 year old kids. I do appreciate it.:worship: