Movie Soundtracks

And if anyone's into incredibly illegal silent horror films, Begotten's soundtrack takes the cake. It made me shit my pants.

Begotten isn't illegal...
But yes, some nice drone-noise-ambient in that film, i wouldn't really want to listen to it without the film, I'd imagine it'd get rather tedious. I've still yet to see it all the way through mind.

I haven't tried to watch it all the way through yet, i know somewhere i can watch it online but I wanted to buy the DVD so I could see it as the makers intended. Unfortunately it's very hard to get hold of at a decent price.

If I did attempt to watch it one sitting I probably would get bored, so i'd break it up into two sections.

yes to eyes wide shut. other favourites include in the mood for love, mulholland drive, solaris (soderbergh), dead ringers, blade runner, sunset blvd, a clockwork fucking orange, taxi driver, lots of morricone stuff, punch drunk love, there will be blood, the thing etcetc. aguirre will always be number 1 though.

several of my favourite films totally lack music i've found, for example no country or the passenger

I used to really like the Danny Elfman stuff with my fav being Batman Returns. The fist Batman movie soundtrack was good as well. Also the Planet of the Apes one is good.

Speaking of Batman I think I like the Begins soundtrack as well but I havent heard it much yet.

Recently I put on the soundtrack to The Fountain (my fav as of right now). Its awesome! As is The Village soundtrack.

Theres probably more but I cant think of any right now...